Support os x el capitan

Hi, 

Any roadmap for my cloud software to support Apple OS x El Capitan?

Thanks

2 Likes

Agreed on the question.  Since installing El Capitan, Both of my Macs show My Cloud drive in Shared devices in the sidebar, but when trying to access via “connect as”:

“There was a problem connecting to the server…      The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.”

The only way I can access it now is by going directly through WD Software, or by using Finder > Command+K, but this does not permanently (or semi-permanently) mount the drive.  This process must be repeated every time I want to access the drive (what a pain.) 

1 Like

I install El Capitan today, and i have the same problem.

I hope you’re all asking Apple why they have broken access to your MyCloud devices?

Here it’s my post in apple community 

https://discussions.apple.com/message/29013454#29013454

1 Like

Kudos.

But if the ‘Apple Support Communities’ are anything like the ‘WD Support Communities’, you’re asking Apple users, not Apple themselves.  We need to ask Apple why they’ve broken access; only they can fix their software: users cannot.

Apple doesn’t give that kind of support.

WD Should be worry about this too.

Apple doesn’t give that kind of support.

Then you need to make them. Or have Apple become so big and arrogant they think they can ignore their customers?

Don’t answer that…

I’m surprised WD didn’t receive a beta of El Capitan. It has been out for several months, now.

Paolo

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

We have passed this along to support. 

1 Like

Hi,

Same problem here on my 2014 MBP, however i’ve noticed on my older MBAir the WD My Cloud shows up and is accessible.  I’m probably however still running the beta version on the latter as I haven’t done the full update but raather I think the app store has just upgraded the beta - Hoorah.  Anyways, it does make me wonder what is going on if it worked fine in the last Beta of El Cap but it isn’t working in the final public release.  I’m going to reboot MBP just to see, I know its probably not that but I figure no harm no foul.  Anyways, fingers crossed someone fronts up with a fix asap on this… I’m just glad I hadn’t migrated my plex library over to the WD…

Quick update… i rebooted the WD My Cloud and my MBP and the drive does now show under ‘shared’…  it does access the drive after a litte while however it does only appear to do guest access.

No, actually now it’s doing as mentioned by others, the drive is there, the folders show up in finder, but when trying to access it it says it cannot do so.

Technology updates *eye roll*

Hello there,

My apologies for any inconvenience caused. Is the user account you are trying to use to connect to your WD MyCloud device password protected? If the answer is no, Please try to set a password to your user account on your WD MyCloud device and try it again. Thank you

Need Help? Please click below for further assistance or contact us at 1(855) 556-5117
https://wdsupport.wdc.com/sfdc/case.aspx

Thank you for that tip re adding a password, indeed I didn’t have one.

Thus far this hasn’t worked, in finder it neither auto connects nor when clicking on connect button does it ask for login credentials.  My guess is this is more an Apple problem than a WD one, but any other suggestions would be much appreciate by all of us I’m sure.  In the meantime, I’m rebooting the drive for about the 9th time today…

I’m having the same problem (iMac 2011 / OS X 10.11.1 GM) - but the MyCloud drive is new yesterday since I installed the GM so I don’t know if it might have worked on earlier releases.

I am able to connect using the “Command+K” and “afp://wdmycloud.local”  using both guest and a user account which I created with a password (trying both a unique password and the same password as my user account to simplify auto connect) 

I can say that I also have a MyPassport Wireless that does auto-magically connect in Guest mode from the “Shared” section of the Finder, while the “WDMyCloud” server does not.

I’m not sure if it’s sympomatically related or not, but TimeMachine to the drive seems interminably slow as well - in roughly the last hour the TimeMachine backup has only backed up ~350MB - BUT if I drag&drop a file into the mounted folder it goes much more quickly - a 1GB file copied in roughly 40s.

Both my iMac and the MyCloud 4TB are connected to the same Gigabit switch each directly wired, no router or WiFi is in the way.

Same issue here.  I had submitted two bugs during the 10.11 Beta run to Apple, but it looks like its still not addressed.  No clue if its a WD or Apple issue.

Hi

The problem might be with the certificate. The cname of the certificate might not be matching the one in SSL finder connection.

Hi, exact same problem on two recent iMacs after El Capitan update.  I can access files through the WD MyCloud application but not through the finder.  I get the same server error message.  The server is password protected but I never get that far.  It just doesn’t connect and doesn’t seem to give me the option to “connect as…”.

Racecar_Guy wrote:

Same issue here.  I had submitted two bugs during the 10.11 Beta run to Apple, but it looks like its still not addressed.  No clue if its a WD or Apple issue.

Interesting. Did WD even acknowledge the issues when reported? WD needs to address this.

RicardoPas wrote:

I’m having the same problem (iMac 2011 / OS X 10.11.1 GM) - but the MyCloud drive is new yesterday since I installed the GM so I don’t know if it might have worked on earlier releases.

I am able to connect using the “Command+K” and “afp://wdmycloud.local”  using both guest and a user account which I created with a password (trying both a unique password and the same password as my user account to simplify auto connect) 

I can say that I also have a MyPassport Wireless that does auto-magically connect in Guest mode from the “Shared” section of the Finder, while the “WDMyCloud” server does not.

I’m not sure if it’s sympomatically related or not, but TimeMachine to the drive seems interminably slow as well - in roughly the last hour the TimeMachine backup has only backed up ~350MB - BUT if I drag&drop a file into the mounted folder it goes much more quickly - a 1GB file copied in roughly 40s.

Both my iMac and the MyCloud 4TB are connected to the same Gigabit switch each directly wired, no router or WiFi is in the way.

You do understand TimeMachine does not just copy file for file. It does indexing so you can enter TimeMachine for specific data by date. So you will see slower backups - and it get slower the more data you have on that share. Not specific to MyCloud.