Subtitle problems

just bought my wd tv in turkey and having problems with subtitles , some of them are working but most of them shows no subtitle although there is one in the divx file… 

cengoo wrote:

just bought my wd tv in turkey and having problems with subtitles , some of them are working but most of them shows no subtitle although there is one in the divx file… 

I noticed the WDTV doesn’t support all subtitle formats out there. The most popular format it supports looks like:

00:01:22,625 → 00:01:26,290

Mother?

00:04:40,708 → 00:04:46,499

Alexander… What is it?

00:04:51,750 → 00:04:56,040

Would you liketo play cards before dinner?

There are also formats that do not contain time stamps, but frame numbers instead. Check if this is your issue. If it is, convert them to the above format (with for example tools like subsync)

The example is an SRT which runs fine external and internal in MKV. Haven’t tried any DIVX files though, I go with xvid.

I’ve found that subtitles work okay with usb drives connected directly to the player, but that they don’t work when the connection is via wireless.  Maybe this is addressed in the new player, if not in the latest firmware that is coming along for this player.

1 Like

Techflaws wrote:

The example is an SRT which runs fine external and internal in MKV. Haven’t tried any DIVX files though, I go with xvid.

Well, the example I posted is SRT. However, The example that didnt work in my case was named as SRT well. I don’t have it anymore but if I remember correctly, the format that does NOT work looks something like:

{0}{100} Hi…

{101}{253} How are you ?

{254}{374} Fine

That’s what I meant: no time codes but frame instead. If your SRT/SUB or whatever looks like this, you’ll need to convert it