Still no 3TB HDD supported!

I’m waiting since 4 months to get an update for the hub, which enables 3TB HDD’s (using My Book Essential (USB 3.0))…

170,- Euros for nothing until now! :cry:

Will we ever get this update???

Regards

Yeah, this is a badly needed fix. HD media takes up a lot of space and a 3TB HDD is a sensible choice, so this will affect a growing number of users.

BTW, can you edit the topic title to say 3TB instead of 3GB? Only a matter of time before some smartarse comes in and posts that 3GB is supported. :wink:

PixelPower wrote:
… some smartarse comes in and posts that 3GB is supported. :wink:

Dagnabit… You beat me to it.  ;)

Does a 3 GB HD even exist? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol I will fix it :smileyvery-happy:

my 4tb my book works fine so i can’t imagine why a 3tb wouldn’t work…weird

i think you’re using a special nas system including different hdd’s, right?

LaSQo wrote:

i think you’re using a special nas system including different hdd’s, right?

Anything accessed over a network doesn’t have the same limitation.

It’s only when a USB drive is directly connected, that the limitation comes into play.

The 4 & 6 TB drives are generally connected by ethernet, not USB.

its not a nas nor is it connected by ethernet. its a wd my book studio 2 formatted for windows. if youre unfamiliar with the product its 2 2tb drives in RAID configuration. ive got it connected by usb. i was surprised when it worked because of the supposed firmware limitation but it works like a dream. i have around 162 movies on it so far

It’s not the SIZE limit that matters, techically.

It’s the Advanced Sector Formatting that’s employed by SINGLE DRIVES > 2TB.

yes that’s the official reason…

nevertheless… it would be nice to get new information by western digital…

Sorry, we’re working on it.  But right now there’s no update.

Frillen wrote:

Yes, they do. I would love to connect mine directly to the hub and not need to have it connected to my PC in order to use it. Come on WD, how hard can this be?

Many thanks Bill for the news…

Up to know you can’t say when it will be established???

Miami_Son wrote:

Frillen wrote:

Yes, they do. I would love to connect mine directly to the hub and not need to have it connected to my PC in order to use it. Come on WD, how hard can this be?

If you read the whole thread you would see that this was a humorous response to the incorrect heading (it was originally labelled 3GB instead of 3TB). As far as I know if they do exist then you can connect a 3GB disk to the hub without any problems.