Sporadic Disconnects of Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD

Hi,

I have a 2TB Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD that sporadically disconnects from several pc or notebooks.
This happens even if I am not active at the computer and not touching it.
So it is unlikely a computer, mechanical or power save problem.

Now I noticed there is a firmware uptate for the V2 successor product describing exactly this symptom.

Is there also a firmware update for my product that I just didn’t see?
Has someone else got this problem?

Will contact support on monday, but its always good to know if this is a one off problem or not.

Hi @joba1,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had a support chat and got a reference number.
The serial number of my product could not be found in the database, so I guess WD needs to check with Amazon (I sent the invoice). I was told to get a response today or tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

As of my last knowledge update in January 2023, I don’t have specific information on firmware updates for the Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD. However, it’s a good practice to check the official Sandisk website or contact their support for the latest firmware updates and information regarding any reported issues.

If you’ve observed similar symptoms to a known issue described in a firmware update for the successor product, it’s a good indicator that there might be a similar update available for your specific model. Support is likely the best paper writing service for resolving this issue, and reaching out to them on Monday is a good plan.

In the meantime, you may also want to check if your USB drivers and operating system are up-to-date, as outdated drivers or OS issues can sometimes cause connectivity problems with external drives.

Monday already passed :slight_smile:
My OSes have the latest updates, still a good hint.
Checking the website did not work: my serial number is rejected as invalid but would be required to get further infos :frowning:
WD support is on it…