Some sort of playback problem

Alright tnx :smiley: For now guess lā€™ll just have to watch and delete till i can reformatā€¦

Hmm i tried deleting the wd_tv folder in my passport but it canā€™t delete the ph.db-journal file. SaysĀ  Cannot delete ph: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Can anyone tell me how i can delete it? Would just like to try if this might be the one causing my problem.

I had a similar trouble on my elements drive, I connected it to my PC and did a disk repair, then I could delete the folder

Good news :smileyvery-happy: Even if i wasnā€™t able to delete that one file, it fixed my playback problem :smileyvery-happy: Man i should have tried that long ago :laughing: Glad i donā€™t have to reformatā€¦ been trying to watch as much as i can just so i can delete files these past couple of days.

Um how to do that disk repair? Iā€™m still on xp. Is it through My Computer > Properties of the drive > Tools tab > Error Checking? I tried that a week ago but it seems to fail at Phase 2. Though its probably because of the WD SmartWare which i canā€™t seem to close at that time.

Can it be done using the WD SmartWare? I tried the quick scan using that and didnā€™t get any errors.

IF I remember from XP yes youā€™re in the right place and a failure is not good news, means that something is going bad with the disk. I think you must be prepared to reformat at some stage though. There is a risk some sectors will be unreadable again. Iā€™m not sure what the WD Smartware is, thatā€™s something to do with the Passport drive? If it is locking the drive that could be why it fails, you can maybe disable it?
Barry

WD SmartWare

It has some diagnostic features. I only tried the 1st two i think which were the quick ones. And i canā€™t seem to disable it at that time when i tried it. Will try again later before i shut my pc down.