It now takes more than a minute to launch any video

Hi everyone,

OK, I got my WD TV Live working fine with my USB hard disc connected to it. For now a couple of weeks, it has a problem. When I press “play” to start a video, it gets on a black screen (sometimes blinking a bit) for around 1 minute (or more) before the video comes on. Very long, and it wasn’t doing this earlier. It does the same if I press “pause” and then when starting iagain it takes a really long time to get back playing. And the same if i’m fast forwarding or fast going back, when I press play it takes an eternity to work. The rest works well. I tried all the updates, to reset to factory defaults, to defragment the hard disc, but nothing seems to work. Maybe some of you have a lead on this…

Fred

Hi there, do you recall the exact moment when it started to happen? Like an upgrade, a weird file playback or a change to the USB drive? Is this problem present on your other external drives as well? o.o

NOthing special before the problem apapeared, it just began like that, as pure magic…

I did not try to read from another external hard drive but yes I should. Anyway, I don’t have the problem when I access the files and play them on my computer through the network.