Smart failiure 6.TB Red - Norway- WD DL.4100 - Volum- Raid 1 - disk

Hi, have problem with my Raid 1 system. I have 2 disks 6tb red, one got Smart failure and it seems that the disk is not able to communicate (Mirror function) and is flashing red light. I’ve tried everything in Dashboard systems, and now I am trying to format the damaged disk, but the problem is and can be when the disks are bounded together in “Raid 1” there is only option on formatting the “volume”, you don’t get label for formatting for each disk. My problem is that the disk is full in data and if i lose that one that’s left then everything is gone. I’ve been using some three weeks now to complain about the disk where I bought those disks CDON.NO they have huge complains on their internet store for the time in Norway, and I have being emailing them for last 3 weeks. WD has a good products, but this is the top of the line. No service for me as a customer is the same as USA product in Europe will not be the first choice in the future.
Sorry about all complains, at this time

The Norwegian Information:
The Norwegian information sight is confusing, lot of telephone numbers, no local, and all support hours in AM/PM We don’t use that, our system is from 00. At night, 01,02, 03,04… and so on one a day time in Norway is 13.00. Not PM 1.00.
Contact Numbers in Norway: 00800-27549338
Network Drives - 00 80085584253
WD Sentinel - 00 80021102110
WD Red / WD Gold - 00 80055593733
General Support - 00800-27549338
Support Hours -Monday - Thursday 9AM - 7PM CET - Friday
9AM - 5PM CET

Unfortunately, there is no way to format the faulty drive individually while it’s connected to the drive. It has to be done separately by removing the hard drive from the NAS.

1 Like

Hi @Hardar

I am looking into the issues you had contacting our call center in Norway. Could you send me a Private Message with the following information so we can create a case in our system?

Originating number:
Time:
Date:
Country/Location call came from
Number Dialed (support number):
Message heard by customer:
Phone line action (Fast busy/drops/clicks):

Greetings Scott
Thank you for your response. The problem is first of all the store I bought the disk WD Red 6.TB not WD, but they claimed that they would contact WD or their supplier I this matter. My issue is back from 9.june this year. They sell WD products and the consumer warranty is a least two years, and the disk is only 1 1/2 years old. The store and the disk can be found by following this link: http://cdon.no/elektronikk/wd-red-wd60efrx-6tb-3-5-intern-harddisk-p27949792
We all know that when we have Raid 1 and if the one of two disks get failure we cannot be sure for how long the other one is operative, that is the point, and I have full disk with data and feel that the store CDON is not taking this seriously, so in the end of line if CDON don’t provide any information to me and what they are actually doing in this matter the last way out is to try to contact the manufactory for this product that is WD. But this is not easy because I can’t find anyone in Norway to talk to about this problem. I have bought servile disk from WD in my lifetime and have never ever had any problems before. If I lose all my data because of this, who is then to blame?

Regards
Gudmundur Ørn Hardarson.
Mobil: [deleted]

Are you trying to call from a mobile phone? I don’t recall the specifics, but I recall support talking about something with mobile phones having trouble calling toll free numbers out that way. I can ask for more details tomorrow (if it even applies to Norway). Have you tried calling from a landline?

As an aside, I clipped out your mobile number. You posted this in a publicly view-able thread. I’m sure you don’t want that floating around on the internet.

Hi Scott
The best way is if WD takes direct contact with CDON they have all information about this matter, and i can skip calling som others at WD.
Regards
Gudmundur

There is some woman from support trying to call me, im sorry i misst the calls, becauce i was not expecting a call. There are serval proplems. 1. If you are calling a foreign customer in a nother time zone is it not the best solution to send txt first, Voice mail is so fast and the voice is so low that is almost not hearable. Do you need help her at WD I did call back, but it was closed. Every of you suporters are defending your own area, but not doing nothing with my problems, sorry about have too spend my and yours time on nothing. Tips> there no no need to say your phone number in 2 sek, to me on the voice mail.