Slow transfers, slow connection. Osx yosemite

greenroland wrote:

Would be great to hear anything from WD staff…

Unfortunately there are no WD Staff here except for the few WD Moderators.

For some reason it is the users that are supporting the users with workarounds and solutions rather then a WD tech guy that will lead you with a straight answer on how things works.

So on to the workarounds from a user that has been hanging around here for ages… 

check out this post …

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/before-you-pack-up-your-WD-and-return-it-let-s-talk-about/td-p/683307

and I’ll try to answer any other questions that you may have here… or if not me, Bennor, cpt_paranoia, Nazar78 or Tonyph12345 will jump in with some solutions. Just remember to click on the star beside their name to give them a kudos (sort of a reward for helping you), the kudos is what gives the Top Kudoed Authors their ranks which then gives them more incentives to help people for free…

BTW, I am both a PC and a Mac user on Yosemite and SMB will give you the fastest speed despite AFP being an Apple protocol. Apple in their wisdom decided to support SMB2 with Lion a couple of years ago and so all their knowledge went into SMB2 giving you up to 80MB/s reads from the Cloud. However you will need to connect via AFP (60MB/s reads) once in awhile for certain workarounds especially for very very large directories like ebooks which for me contains up to 20,000 entries and only connecting via AFP will allow me to peruse that directory within 5 minutes. SMB will take about 30 minutes to respond. AFP is also needed for Apple’s time machine.

So go on and read the post… and I’ll check in tomorrow…