Scheduled USB backups

I’ve created several NAS-> USB backup jobs and with the 3 USB 3.0 ports on my EX4100 I’d like to be able to leave 3 8TB MyBooks attached to the NAS and then have it automatically backup any data saved to the EX4100 at one or more scheduled times during the day. It seems a major oversight that the only options are to do it when the device is connected (“Auto Start When Connected”). Given Linux has a terrific native scheduler, I just don’t understand why WD would only give us one option for when backups happen. Does anyone know of a way to force the EX4100 to execute a backup other than unplugging and plugging back in the USB drives?

Hello, there has being some users that have being able to create an rsync job from terminal, you may also want to create an idea in the ideas section of this board.

I can’t fathom how a product that is competing with other NAS devices in the market cannot have a scheduled backup. Sure I can have a cloud backup but why can’t I have a USB local backup that I can schedule. I tried to find info on the rsync backup job with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.