Restoring the G-Technology Drive Icons

When I tried restoring drive icons this all I get on my desktop is this -

any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Graham

hi! same problem here 1y later. Does somene have a solution?

Thank you in advance

B0ba

Had the same problem. Just showing the ICNS picture… Any help

Open the Get Info window of your drive, drag the icon of the drive you want to the icon in the Get Info screen and you will notice a green + sign. That will save the new icon.

Same problem 3 years later. Drag and drop produces the same ICNS picture instead of the icon.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.44.26 PM

Same here. I’ve been trying anything that should work to no avail. This is all I get.

Bumping this thread for 2023, I realise this is a really small thing, but it’s also really annoying.

I set my SanDisk Professional G-Drive 6TB up for Time Machine, and the icon changed to a time machine one. Usually I make a backup of the icon first but for some reason I forgot and now I can’t get the drive’s original icon back.

There was a time you could download an icons pack from WD under your drive’s support page but this seems to be a forgotten thing now, it would be good to have an updated set available for download with all of the latest icons and the historic ones.

If the icons pack is still available and someone knows where a link is that would be great :slight_smile:

Try this link: External Drive: Customize or Change Drive Icon on macOS