Replacing hard drives in 24TB Shuttle XL

I’d like to increase the size of my drives in the Shuttle XL. Can I add a higher capacity drive one at a time and have the RAID rebuild? Or should I just put all new drives in and start fresh?

Thanks.

1 Like

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I’m wondering the same thing. Thanks

No. No response till now.

You would need to replace all of the drives at the same. And, as I understand it, all of the new drives must be the same size and speed.

I have read other posts in the past saying that the drives all need to be the same make and model, so I have always played it safe and stuck to this rule as well.

Thanks for that useless reply 3 months later.

Great customer service. Not

Bill Baum
Pixl Project / imagenhance group inc.
*Professional Photography
*Brand Ownership and Consulting
*Image Asset Strategy
bill@pixlproject.com

I signed up on this forum today specifically to answer your question (and @swild).

I’m sorry you didn’t find it helpful.

Hi brandit

I do not think he realises that you do not work for WD… and it was very kind of you to try to help him. Your answer was very useful to me.

I wonder if anybody here can advise me on this question. I currently have the Shuttle XL set up in RAID6. If a hard drive fails and I insert a new drive for rebuild, am I able to continue working with the other drives whilst the rebuild is going on, or am I locked out? I ask because I understand that the rebuild can take quite a long time.

Thank you

1 Like

I was wondering if you’re still had the same issue ?

Tutuapp

Yes and still no answer. I’ll just get an NAS and be done at this point. I have a lot of graid but no more.