Re: Update My Book for Mac to work with Lion

I just installed MAC OSX 10.7 (LION) to three devices. A Mac Mini, Macbook Air, and a Macbook Pro.

I know longer can access files frrom any of these computers through my WDTV Live module.

I’m slightly disappointed Western Digital doesn’t have an upgrade to this device when I’ve receiveed updates on little known apps. and programs that are from much smaller companies. Perhaps it doe’s takes longer to upgrade hardware devices as the responder below touched on.

michaelhoward wrote:

I just installed MAC OSX 10.7 (LION) to three devices. A Mac Mini, Macbook Air, and a Macbook Pro.

I know longer can access files frrom any of these computers through my WDTV Live module.

I really disappointed that Western Digital isn’t up to speed on having an upgrade to this device when I’ve receiveed updates on little known apps. and programs that are from small companies. Theres no excuse for this lack of support in my oopinion.

You can’t compare software apps with physical devices. Applications can be updated to address compatibility issues, but physical devices could have physical limitations that are unable to allow things to work.

1 Like

Thread moved to WD TV Live & Live Plus Media Players : Networking.

Regards,

And the OP needs to read this thread- http://community.wdc.com/t5/Networking/wd-live-tvhub-not-working-on-lion/td-p/225226

It is Apple that has screwed you, not WD.

And no I don’t work for WD. Those are just the facts.

I would thing the hardware is capable of possibly being updated via firm or software since it operates on a variety of OS platforms. Unless Apple was intent on locking third party devices in order to sell more Apple TV modules.

I don’t feel Apple "screwed me as the reply below stated. My thought is there will be a workable solution in the near future.

Perhaps someone that works for WD would like to comment?

michaelhoward wrote:

I would thing the hardware is capable of possibly being updated via firm or software since it operates on a variety of OS platforms. Unless Apple was intent on locking third party devices in order to sell more Apple TV modules.

I don’t feel Apple "screwed me as the reply below stated. My thought is there will be a workable solution in the near future.

Perhaps someone that works for WD would like to comment?

It is not a matter that the WDTV Live series cannot be updated. It is that there is no general release open source Samba version that WD can implement that will rectify the damage that Apple has caused.

Please read this thread- http://community.wdc.com/t5/Networking/wd-live-tvhub-not-working-on-lion/td-p/225226

And follow and read all the links, then you you will understand the problem.

1 Like