Program Shortcuts and File Retrival

tdjackson wrote:>    1. Can I install a program on my cloud drive and male a shortcut to it for access on the desktop?

2. In word I would have a file save to a specfic folder on my hard drive by default. AM I able to do this with mycloud? I like to save papers, etc. to one central folder and I would now like that folder to be on the cloud drive.

The WD My Cloud is a network attached storage device. While it does have the Debian OS on it and is capable of running SOME Debian modules, it is not a computer in the true sense. Its processor is not very powerful and has a limited amount of RAM. See the  Repository with software worked on v4 firmware for various modules that may work on the WD My Cloud.

It is recommended that you map the Share on the WD My Cloud to make saving to that Shared folder easier. See the following two links for more information on mapping drives/shares.

How to map a WD My Cloud or NAS product on a Windows PC

Mapping a drive letter on a WD Network hard drive using WD Discovery

Keep in mind that there is a problem with later versions of Microsoft Office saving to the WD My Cloud while connected through the WD2Go.com site. See Microsoft Office documents in a device connected through WD My Cloud Remote Web Access cannot be opened for more information. To change the location of where Microsoft Office saves documents see the following links for the general procedure.

How to Change the Default Save Location for Office 2013

Set or rename a default working folder