Problem and queries about WD Dashboard

Hi Folks,

I installed a new WD Green SSD in to my daughters laptop and a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 64 bit (fully updated to the SCU). The WD Green SSD model string is WDC WDS240G2G0A-00JH30.

Everything seems to be working apart from the following:

1. Installed WD Dashboard 2.3.2.0 but it states that Life Remaining and Temperature are not supported. Is this to be expected with a WD Green SSD?

2. WD Dashboard states there is a new firmware version available (current version is UF360000) but when I click on the link the dashboard states the PC has no internet connection. It does - as I am typing this post on the same PC! :slight_smile:

Can anyone please advise?

Thank you for your help.

Paddy
UK

Hi Folks,

Is there anyone from WD who can advise on the above please?

Many thanks

Paddy
UK

I am not from WD, but regarding the dashboard issue #2, “no internet connection,” I have the exact same issue. My ssd is WD Blue 512.

Further, I used to have the same issue with “Life Remaining” and Temp. That is now recorded with the 2.3.2.0 version.

However, I am not able to get SMART diagnostics to run. Sometimes it will start and say “failed”… other times is just reads: failed.

Thanks for your post. Hopefully, others have an answer or WD posts an answer

Thanks 5223. I have to say I am surprised by the lack of response from WD on this. It is a shame as WD are a respected name in storage - indeed I ordered 2 x WD Red 4TB NAS drives last night!

Paddy
UK

WD does not answer, they do not know how to fix this problem. They are like scammers, the technical data of their products do not correspond to the claims. The company in the decline probably does not have the necessary speculators.
I have such problems as described above, the write speed of the WD Green SSD is ridiculously small. This is the last product WD I bought, goodbye WD!

Incredibly, I have been able to stumble across the update (June 29, 2018) on the WD website re: the SSD Dashboard that has been posted:

"Western Digital SSD Dashboard
File Size: 122 MB
Version: 2.3.2.4
Release Date: 6/29/2018 | Release Notes

DOWNLOAD

Description
The Western Digital SSD Dashboard helps users maintain peak performance of the Western Digital SSD in Windows® operating systems with a user-friendly graphical interface for the user. The Western Digital SSD Dashboard includes tools for analysis of the disk (including the disk model, capacity, firmware version, and SMART attributes) and firmware updates.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 10 32/64-bit versions
Windows 8.1 32/64-bit versions
Windows 7 32/64-bit versions
Instructions
Download the Western Digital SSD Dashboard to your hard drive
Open the downloaded image file by double clicking on the file WesternDigitalSSDDashboardSetup.zip
Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation
When the installation has completed successfully, click on the Finish button
The SSD Dashboard will automatically launch and load the Status section
Additional Support
User Manual
FAQ"

I am about to try installing and see if the issues we have encountered (as well as others) have been addressed.

Sad to say… at least for me, Version 2.3.2.4 has similar flaws to its immediate predecessor. Will start by saying the dashboard now recognizes that the computer is connected to the internet. This is useful - if correct, in that hopefully we will learn of the availability of whatever successor may materialize.

The difficult part is that Smart attributes quick and extended tests still show as failing. By my count, none of the three dashboard versions I have used with this computer: 2.3.2.0 / 2.3.2.1 / 2.3.2.4 have run the SMART diagnostic tests (short or extended).

Further, the life of drive and temp monitoring has reverted back to the 2.3.2.0 problem of saying: “not supported.” It appears that in “solving” one of the issues (won’t know that its true until we see it recognize an update) - a prior issue addressed under the Status tab (2.3.2.1) is no longer working/functioning.

Hi 5223,

Well done for spotting and testing - shame it does not work. I have to say that my opinion of WD has dropped significantly. Their products may be good but the customer service is terrible. A shame as this is not a good road for companies to go down.

Kind regards

Paddy
UK