Prev/Next in MKV movie with chapters

I noticed last night that in an MKV movie with chapters the Next/Prev funciton did not appear to skip to the next and previous chapter as I would expect, rather it jumped to the next file in the directory I was in.  Is there something wrong with my file or is this just not a feature for an MKV.

I was able to access and change the chapters via the options menu.

I just got my WD TV Live and noticed that too.

Have a look at the manual, page 25. It says clearly that this is by design which, AFAIC, is fair enough, since chapter selection can be done through the options.

Ian

But now I see that on page 36 the manual claims that the and buttons should go to the next or previous chapter when watching a video format that supports chapters.

This just isn’t true, it doesn’t do that.

Maybe this deserves a support request.

Ian

i also noticed it lacking on mine, but wasn’t sure if it was just the video files i was watching.

doesn’t work with ISO or MKV files.

the whole FF, RW and NEXT, BACK functions need some work/attention by WDTV and hopefully they work on them in future firmware updates.  i mean hitting FF and then NEXT on the remote and having it jump forward 10min does me no good, i need it to jump to the next chapter or go back to the last chapter etc.

so does the WDTV LIVE support chapters in .mkv (x264) files?

i’m currently watching a .mkv movie and when i hit NEXT, it jumps to the end of the movie, am i doing something wrong?