Power cord failure/meltdown - can I get the data?

I have a 2TB external drive (Elements, I think).  The power cord where it plugs into the back of the drive failed, causing the plastic cover to melt and basically fuse to the drive chassis.  I had a lot of data I’d like to get back, and I don’t think merely getting a new power cable will do it (my presumption is that the melting cord probably damaged parts in the power element in the drive).

Does anyone know if it is possible to recover the data from the drive by somehow powering up the drive some other way?  I don’t know how you’d do it, maybe replace the power element.  This assumes that whatever caused the power cord to fail did not damage the storage medium itself.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hello,

Based on the information you have provided my best recommendation would be to contact a data recovery company. It may be necessary to contact a professional about this.

My USB WD elenments drive has failed, If you want the power unit let me know and I will post it to you. All I ask is that you repay the postage.

Terry

If you have to use a data recovery company , you will find one of the cheapest is PC worls and the charge £80 + athe cost of a new drive.

Do you still have the parts?