Possible to save Wyze camera streaming to PR4100?

I see that Arcus surveillance is no longer supported. I have several Amcrest cameras that save to my PR4100 via ftp. I also have several wyze cameras I would like to save to my NAS. The wyze cameras don’t have ftp support currently but do have RTSP streaming. I also see that Z-way or Z-wave software comes with the PR4100. Is it possible to set up an RTSP camera to the Z-way software? I only see IP configurations.

Or…is there any other third party software that can be installed onto the PR4100 that will accept RTSP? All my wyze cameras have a modified firmware that enables RTSP.

1 Like

I’ve done a quick test with openrtsp, available via Entware (probably a docker package exists too).

opkg update
opkg install openrtsp

Example with a test stream from RTSP Stream Test | Wowza

mkdir /shares/Public/test
openRTSP -4 -F /shares/Public/test/ -P 10 rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov

thank you. I installed the entware bin file under apps. I don’t really know enough to carry on from there. It’s supposed to install a folder under volume 1 but I don’t see anything.

Setup RTSP on your cam: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP
Note the user, password and url.

Install Entware and then SSH into your box with Putty. You don’t need to modify the Entware folder.
Install openrtsp (see previous post).
Then play a bit with it, I guess this should put 10 second files in the Public/test directory:

mkdir /shares/Public/test
openRTSP -4 -F /shares/Public/test/ -P 10 -u username password rtsp://wyze_url