Port forwarding for two My Clouds

Yes, that’s what I think. It looks like relay mode manages to update itself, but port forwarding mode doesn’t.

It also struck me that, when the router re-boots, the MyClouds also reboot. Both MyClouds report that they have established external connections (relay mode for one, port forwarding for the other). But it looks like the port forwarding status is actually incorrect, and cloud access must be disabled and re-enabled in order to get port forwarding to re-establish correctly.

I think I’ve bottomed that problem out as far as I can; now time to report the problem to Support.

Also for the 2nd MyCloud that doesn’t even go into relay mode I think it’s somehow conflicting with your 1st MyCloud that got into relay mode.

They’re supposed to be using different ports, using different port forward rules at my router, one rule set allocated to each device (by MAC). But I’ll try turning off cloud access for the ‘working’ port forwarding device, and set the other one to use the standard 80/443 ports, and swapping router rule allocation, and see how that goes.