Multiple MyClouds

Hi

Now that i have my deveice working great, i have found a need for a secondary one-

Device 1 = Family & personal files
Device 2 = work related files

before i proceed to connect this to my system, i recall having issues setting up the first one and ended up using the port forward method to send all port 80, 81, & 433 to my fixed ip of the device. With that in mind, how would i set uo the secondary device when all of the ports forward to device 1?

would i be better to set up device 1 to port 80 and device 2 to 81?

Cheers

Nacho

You should first try to see if leaving the My Cloud Remote Access at its default setting of Automatic works. If not then try setting the port forwarding within the router and setting the Remote Access option to Manual.

It should be noted some others have reported problems with remote access to the second My Cloud when they have multiple My Clouds on their local network. You can do a forum search for those other threads via the magnifying glass search icon upper right.

I solved my 2 device problem by setting them both to automatic and ensuring my router had upnp turn’t on and reserved ip addresses for each.

Quick reset and both devices went to port forwarding mode.

Hi

I couldnt get that to work. what ports did you forward for each device?

I currently have both of them connected but in Relay mode. They both have fixed IP addresses and are set to Automatic too. UPNP is turned on in the router.

As soon as i forward a port, i lose connection to the other device (which makes sence i guess). I tried using 8080 & 8433 but that didnt work either

Cheers

Nacho