Play Blu Ray with menus on Live Hub?

Ok,

So I have my regular DVD’s ripped as ISO and stored on the hub internally.  I have my Blu Rays ripped as full disc structure (m2ts) and stored on my computer since the files are 41 GB.  How do I play the file on my hub with the menus? 

On a side note I was able to convert the blu ray to an ISO using IMGBURN and ANYDVD HD but the hub doesn’t play the menus, it says it can’t play the menu do you want to play the file, if I say YES it just plays the movie just like the m2ts.  How do I get just the movie and the menus, all I want is the movie and the menus - no trailers, ads, etc.???

Thanks

You can’t.   The Hub doesn’t support the full BD specification, including menus.

Menus require Java, and the Hub doesn’t do that.

It’s just going to look for the longest M2TS file and start there.

You’re going to have to reformat the movie to do what you want.

Use the tool BDInfo to open the BD File Structure, and find the PLAYLIST that represents the movie (usually the longest runtime.)

Then You can use TSMuxerGUI, and IMPORT that playlist, which will pull in a structure of M2TS files in the correct order for movie playback.

Then REMUX it to a new M2TS file, stripping out whatever audio tracks you don’t want.

That’s so weird that it has the menus for regular DVD ISO’s but doesn’t for the blu ray ISO’s.   I’m kinda new at this so I will have to try the BD Info and TSMuxer thing.  Are those hard to use and do I reformat into a m2ts file again or do I put it into an ISO? 

I like the ISO b/c you can download cover art and such.  Actually, now that I think of it, I don’t think it can stream ISO’s can it?

If someone can just walk me through the BD Info and TSMuxer thing that would be awesome.  I’m trying to get rid of the physical disc thing.  I also have an Oppo BD93 but I haven’t turned it on in months b/c of the WD but I know that works with the menus with m2ts files so I might have to use that for Blu Ray and the WD for regular movies, which would kinda **bleep**, to boxes!!

Thanks

What file do you remux it to?  I tried remuxing it to an MKV and the WD said that it didn’t support that file, which it clearly does b/c the manual says so.  That’s strickly streaming though, I haven’t put it on local storage and try it.

How do you know what files to select to make sure you get the menus, I really only what it for chapter forwarding or selecting in case I need it?  I followed a guide online and I chose the longest MPLS file and the Dolby True HD soundtrack.  I have no idea what I’m doing though!

Help!

Thanks

You CANNOT get the menus.   NONE of the WDTVs support Bluray menus.   

Bluray is entirely JAVA based, and thus the WDTVs will not support them.

Ah, gotcha thanks!

Is there a way to get chapter forwarding?  I guess that’s really why I wanted the menus - to select the chapter in case I need to but if there’s a way to get the chapter forwarding then that would be sweet!

Hey,

Just as Tonyph said ,you can’t. The Hub doesn’t support the BD menus.

When I play bluray in MKV, the WD TV Live Hub lets me choose a chapter to start with. So my advice is rip your Bluray to MKV instead of ISO. Just one problem, when play MKV I loose subtitles. I came across an mkv subtitle solution but haven’t tried with it, hope it helps:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/How-To-Convert-a-BluRay-to-MKV-With-SUBTITLES-INCLUDED/m-p/176926#M20792

If this works, kindly let me know.

I have been ripping my Blu ray disks to m4v files through DvdFab.  It becomes a single file without menus, but a 2 hour movie gets down to around 2 gigs, and great video and sound.   

What about regular DVD?  I’ve tried it, and it seems like it doesn’t work.  At best it sends me to a DVD start file and never progresses beyond it.  At worse, the video is blocky, freezes and you can’t watch whatever is playing…and eventually it will freeze up and stop altogether.  I’m copying all the files from the Video_TS folder  to a folder named according the the movie.  But it doesn’t seem to work too well…

I tried messing with that mux program, but it doesn’t see any of the files…