Permission for cloud user

Hello,

I have My Cloud EX4100 (Firmware 5.26.202). Usually I use local user to connect to my NAS or via Android app, and it’s working as expected.

Today I want to share one of my shared folder with “Cloud access” via Web browser. Initially I created a local user and give him a necessary permissions to share. After that I realized, that I need also create (invite) a cloud user. I did it with same name as local user. User received my invitation, and could connect but he saw completely different folders than I assigned to local user.
I try to create another user with “admin” name, and he seen another set of folders (but not completed).

So my question is how could I assign permission to share for cloud user? Because I could assign it to local user, but not to cloud one. Because I feel very uncomfortable when I give access to user, but he get access to completely different folders than I plan to provide to him.

WBR,
Mike.

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I could fix this issue by deleting and recreating local user. So this issue is resolved.
But I guess it could be a surprise for someone, who change his shares configuration and after that he found, that his users got different access than expected.

I sure would like to know WHY a preset user has to be recreated in order to assign cloud rights. It seems to be the same for new local shares or share permission changes in some cases also. Boggles my mind and should not be required.