Passport Wireless 1st gen (not Pro) - shows wrong time zone

So. . .I have both the 1st generation MPW and the 2nd Generation MPWpro. I have been fooling around with the new firmware on the MPWpro. . trying to gain confidence in the SD card transfer functions.

SO. . .I noticed something weird on the older MPW. The times reported by window explorer for the files are all off by five hours. In otherwords, if the file was created at 11:05pm, the MPWP reports 11:05pm, and the older MPW reports 6:05 pm.

If I copy the file off the MPW to a PC, it will show the correct 11:05pm time stamp.

YES, I am in the GMT -5 time zone (US East Coast).
YES, it is quite possible that I have used the MPW in the GMT 0 time zone (UK), although not in the last year and I think the current firmware is more recent than my last trip to the UK.
YES, the drive appears to be time synced correctly. If I go onto the drives Web UI, the correct current time is displayed.
YES, I have seen this behavior while accessing the drive from two different PC’s.

Thoughts?

Edit to add: When I plug the drive into a PC USB port, Windows explorer reports the correct time stamp on the files. The incorrect time is shown if I am accessing the drive via WiFi. (tested both access on the main router network, and accessing the drives own SSID network)

Dorrect time is transferred to MPW when it is connected to a computer via USB cable.