[PACKAGE] Tautulli / PlexPy, adds monitoring, analytics and notifications for your Plex server

Tautulli (formerly PlexPy)

Tautulli is a python based web application for monitoring, analytics and notifications for Plex Media Server.

Official Tautulli website
WDCommunity github repo

Installation

The Entware package is required to install Tautulli package. You’ll find both on website below.

New download link: https://wdcommunity.com
Old download link: STACK

Go to the Apps tab in the WD web interface.
Select manual install and install the Entware package (download it from the same link above).
Then select manual install again and install the Tautulli package.
Select the freshly install Tautulli package and select Configure to setup/access Tautulli.

Switch to Tautulli Beta

Backup your settings.ini and data dir first!

cdnp && cd tautulli
cp settings.ini /shares/Public/settings.ini
rsync -a data/ /shares/Public/data
cd Tautulli
git checkout beta   # or whatever test branch

Notes

Restore config
If you had the old PlexPy package, you can restore your settings and database to Tautulli:

cd /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/plexpy/plexpy-master
cp config.ini ../../tautulli/Tautulli
cp plexpy.db ../../tautulli/Tautulli

Then uninstall plexpy and restart Tautulli.

Installation failure

Please provide the contents of /tmp/debug_apkg and show the plexpy start failure.
You can edit /opt/etc/init.d/S43Tautulli.sh by commenting the line in start_daemon() with a #

#   --daemon --pidfile ${PID_FILE} \

Then start Tautulli

/opt/etc/init.d/S43Tautulli.sh start

Please let me know when it fails to install / start (stop). For other issues, use the Tautulli website.

Disclaimer

Use this package at your own risk / responsibility.

Thank you very much, everything very well explained.
I would like to ask for help. If you could make another bin file with tvheadend (GitHub - tvheadend/tvheadend: Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV,SAT>IP and other formats through the unix pipe as input sources.). Thanks

Tvheadend is available via Entware and docker. I may try to make a native app but it’s not a priority at the moment.

I got it installed with docker, but when the pr4100 restarts the program does not start automatically.
Do you know if with entware restart with the pr4100?
Thanks

Entware has an /opt/etc/init.d section, so probably it will start automatically.
I know it works for transmission.

Installed the .bin file for my pr4100 and all was working great but I made settings change with local host of 0.0.0.0 to some other IP address which wasn’t valid and now i can no longer login to plexpy. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it but still refuses to login to myip:8282
Can somebody point me the way… PlexPy has become a handy and necessary monitoring tool…

Did you reboot your box?
If you did and it’s still broken, you could try following steps:

Check if plexpy process is running.

ps | grep [p]lexpy

If it is not, check if an old process pid file is blocking a new process to start. Remove it.

ls /var/run/plexpy.pid
rm /var/run/plexpy.pid

Then restart plexpy via the webgui or with

cd /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/plexpy/
sh start.sh .

Thanks for the reply Tfl… yes after I removed it I restarted the pr4100 then I installed the .bin file and still broke… I will in install Python and poke around with your steps… wish me luck… again thanks

…Back again…still no luck… the ls and the rm commands didn’t work… something is defiantly getting blocked… I am at a loss … Is there way manually change the host back to 0.0.0.0

Without logs I can’t do much.
Is plexpy running?

ps | grep [p]lexpy

If it is, kill it with

kill $(cat /var/run/plexpy.pid)

But probably it isn’t running.
Run it directly and share the output.

cd /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/plexpy/plexpy-master
python ./PlexPy.py --port 8282

CTRL-C to stop (if it would keep running… but I guess it won’t).

You can also check if the port is blocked. Nothing should be running on 8282 before you start plexply.

lsof -i -P -n | grep 8282 | grep LISTEN

@Tfl… thanks so much for your patience… with your help I think I’m close… I ran it directly and was able to see and use plexpy again… yay… but as soon as close my terminal (using putty) its gone. I re-run the command and it’s up and running… I think my restart policy for plexpy is messed… is this policy editable… again thanks for holding my hand …LOL ---- the plexply process is not running…

on my box I did this

cd /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/plexpy/Tautulli-master
python ./PlexPy.py --port 8282

and it ran directly…

**here is a piece of the PlexPy Configuration — is the nolaunch the issue??

Arguments: [‘–port’, ‘8282’, ‘–nolaunch’]
Platform: Linux 4.1.13
Python Version: 2.7.5 (default, Oct 14 2014, 15:42:35) [GCC 4.8.2]

another edit–
I ran

docker run --restart=always plexpy
and this changed

Arguments: [‘–port’, ‘8282’]
Platform: Linux 4.1.13
Python Version: 2.7.5 (default, Oct 14 2014, 15:42:35) [GCC 4.8.2]

but still no go once I close my terminal… closer maybe

— because I am a new user here, I can’t upload a Plexpy log

more digging when starting plexpy from the command line===

root@Movie-Server root # cd /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/plexpy/
root@Movie-Server plexpy # sh start.sh .
start.sh: cd: line 7: can’t cd to ./plexpy-master
python: can’t open file ‘./PlexPy.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I don’t have plexpy-master, mine is Tautulli-master… is line 7 my problem and is it editable…

I installed using the bin file for the pr4100 through the web interface it installed and said it was on but clicking on configure takes me to dead end url and using my IP address for the device with 8282 returns nothing what am missing ?

THANKS

@TflBack up and running!! plexpy was looking for plexpy-master but my box had Tautulli-master … so no go… I renamed Tautulli to plexpy and ran the start command… All happy now>>>
Again hats off to you TFL… Thanks for all your help…

@aaplfan – that was happening to mine… i use putty to ssh into my box, login as root and your pass… then do this

cd /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/plexpy/
ls

now do you see plexpy-master or Tautulli-master, if you see Tautulli then you have the same issue I had…

my fix was just to rename my master file by…

mv Tautulli-master plexpy-master
sh start.sh .

go back to browser-- local ip addy:8282

BAM-- all good … just remember any changes you make to your box is on you… Good Luck…

2 Likes

@FM45 That worked for me as well! Thanks for clear instructions and commands!

Oh I see… they recently renamed the project and now the repository as well.
I’ll fix the whole package to use tautulli instead of plexpy.

Thanks for the debugging.

Made a new version for Tautulli and added instructions for data recovery in opening post.

Docker restart on reboot:

So search the tvheadend docker container config

find /var/lib/docker/containers -name hostconfig.json -exec grep -il tvheadend {} \;

Edit the file

vi $(find /var/lib/docker/containers -name hostconfig.json -exec grep -il tvheadend {} \;)

Press / and type Restart to jump to the RestartPolicy.
If it is this:

"RestartPolicy":{"Name":"no","MaximumRetryCount":0}

Press i to enter edit mode and change it to this

"RestartPolicy":{"Name":"on-failure","MaximumRetryCount":3}

Then press ESC and type :wq to save and quit.

TNX for the Update(s)… :+1:

Hello, I have WD app installed on my PR2100 but the only way to refresh the data is to reboot the box, I have tried with both Websocket on and off and its the same, any ideas?

Sorry Martin, that question doesn’t make sense to me.