Non public share not accessible with password

I have a brand new EX2 ultra. I have set up a user and a non public share. I can see the folder in Windows explorer. I can access the public folders. When I try to access the non public folder I enter the password it tells me it is not accessible with the following error message:

\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\xxxxxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

How do I fix this?

I would go back to the web dashboard to double check the account and the share. Try create another one and test it out.

The settings were all correct. I tried your advice. I added new user and private share. Still didn’t work. Then I deleted the new user and share and now it is working. Not sure what happened but thank you for the help. :+1: