Non public share not accessible with password

I have a brand new EX2 ultra. I have set up a user and a non public share. I can see the folder in Windows explorer. I can access the public folders. When I try to access the non public folder via ftp I enter the password it tells me it is not accessible with the following error message: Users may not upload files (553)

You may want to move your post, or start a new one, in the correct subforum(s) for your device. If your My Cloud EX2 Ultra is running OS5 v5.x firmware then see the following subforum:

If your device is running the older discontinued OS3 v2.x firmware then see the following subforum:

Basic troubleshooting suggestions. Make sure FTP is enable in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Network > Network Settings section. Try a different FTP client. Check the file or folder names for special characters. If special characters are used try renaming the file or folder using letters or numbers. Note: FTP is an insecure protocol.

@SBSupport
This time you moved your topic to the sub-forum for the second generation WDMYCLOUD OS5.