Newbie Sync Question

I’ve just got MyCloud up and running, and have uploaded a few folders of files from an external hard drive. In the Learning Center, under Upload Content, it says:

Note: If you copy files from your computer to your WD My Cloud, those files will reside in two places: in the original location and on your drive.

This gave me hope that MyCloud worked like Dropbox, and kept both versions of the folders and files in sync. Make a change in one place, and it automatically occurs in the other. But I’ve experimented, and it doesn’t seem to happen, whether I make the change on MyCloud or on the disk the folders and files were originally copied from.

Am I missing something? Or is this not really a cloud, but just a web-accessible storage device? Thanks in advance for clarifying this!

You are correct: there is no automatic sync with this NAS. If you are using Windows 7 or 8, you can use the offline folder feature of Windows to copy a local copy of the files on a share of the NAS. You can also use third party software to sync your computer files with those on the NAS.