New Update to My Cloud Home is coming! - Inviting Beta Testers!

New firmware update, nothing about Plex, this is very upsetting

2 Likes

Yes, and can it be that the latest firmware can do less? The display how many videos etc. are missing, that was quite nice, wasn’t it?

This is from the app, not the firmware, the my cloud home app is ■■■■, you can’t play anything, you have to use 3rd party apps to do it. That is why Plex is so important and they don’t update it since May 2018

2 Likes

I agree… I am running Plex on a PC because the device purchased for Plex (My Home Cloud) is not updated/patched with a current version.

My cloud home esta casi todo el día parpadeando… (actualizando que?), respeto a quienes usan Plex, pero para mi esta app es un cuello de botella al tener que acceder a mis medios fuera de mi red con una versión pagada, debe haber una opción de Dlna libre para el que quiera usar.
No poder acceder a mis datos en mi red sin Internet… Por favor! Urgente una nueva actualización al firmware my cloud home.

Llevan vendiendo My Cloud Home mucho tiempo y no han hecho esos cambios, no les interesa hacerlo accesible offline, a mi me pasó en diciembre que se cayeron sus servidores y me quedé un día sin poder acceder, desde ahí aprendí a no guardar archivos que necesitaría usar de forma inmediata por trabajo o estudios. Y Plex necesita una actualización inmediata, más de un año sin actualizar, se han hecho muchas mejoras no solo en nuevas características sino en la mejora en la reproducción, yo por ejemplo no puedo ver una serie desde el “NAS” que no es un NAS es una basura

I understand that we ask, and you answer… but on the fourth or fifth question on the survey, you ask us how we will access or use our home cloud and can not answer “from home” …
So in fact, we request some basic features ( make the usb import and export possible / make the network management possible (ip, subnet, gateway and DNS management) add the possibilty, maybe with and advanced option to manage SSH, FTP, Samba ) and you seem that it’s “we spoke, we listened and will do anything else” or “give us more of your data, we will sell them with more profit” ? … :cry:

Hi How do you get to the export to USB function through the ios app?

Hi,

Android user here (I assume it should be quite similar for iOS).

I already suggested WD to change the button name because this way users get confused.

What you need to do is to plug in your external device, click on the top-left menu and then select the “Import from USB” option. After this you’ll have the option to “EXPORT” the data.

This option should definitely be renamed to something like “USB data transfer” or something like this.

Cheers

Hi,

On the same page, just been confirmed we will not get TimeMachine over SMB for macOS users… it is now supported by default by Samba and despite the fact My Cloud « normal » does support it.

I was hoping for a more ambitious restart for My Cloud Home.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply yes I have found this now just after I posted this silly name really.
Have you had any issues with it, I have tried backing up but keeps coming up with “An error has occurred” and then stops the backup. The device is connected in the back I have checked, the most I have got to was 4GB then it crashed the backup. I have also now lost connection to my cloud as it says its offline or rebooting.
Cheers

Fix this please!

I didn’t have any problem while doing the backup.

Maybe you can try to format the external hard drive ? Or even try with another one just to be sure.

I tried my WD drive and it worked fine, must be compatibility issues and the fact it was USB 2.0

totally agree with you , hope WD listen to us and to update Plex specially the library organization issue

1 Like

NEW RELEASE: My Cloud Home Web App

Would you be so nice to let us know if the beta testing is over?
What should we do as regards to Testflight app on iOS?

I am really disappointed by the lack of novelties. You set expectations really high stating that you had « heard ».

Best

AF

Plex 1.16.3 has been released for My Cloud Home and Duo.

• Rebooting the My Cloud Home will trigger the update which should take a few minutes to complete.
  • Delete and create a new library if you experience any artwork or metadata issues when upgrading from 1.12 to 1.16
1 Like

That’s great news- thanks for the heads up

@SBrown cannot get my drive to boot after the update. Latest software/firmware seems to have bricked my device. Would like to think it’s a server side issue but my router isn’t even assigning an IP address to the drive. Any idea? Drive was working absolutely fine until I updated the software on my iphone and attempted to access the drive… Looking forward to your reply!