New Update to My Cloud Home is coming! - Inviting Beta Testers!

This update is a step backwards for Windows users. The share files are only shared using web app or moblie device app. They don’t show using WD Discovery!! I would rather have stayed with 5.0.7-103, so my Wife’s and my computer could actually have shared files. Good thing I have a Linux box running NextCloud. It shares files, contacts, and calendars. All this hype on albums is a shame!!!

4 Likes

my drive is “Migrating” and has been “Migrating” my files for 3 days now. I have reset the drive multiple times and cannot get around this “Migrating” message. on the app, I can see the first list of folders on the drive but everything past that, I get the “Migrating” message.

any suggestions?

Now they pushed another firmware (6.1.0-116). No message or anything just uodated. I don’t know what the update is for.

And a new iOS app version 3.1.

I agree. This new firmware update has made the WD Cloud useless for desktop users. I rely on this for work and none of us can access our shared work files through mounted drive.

Hi there - That’s great news. However, like some others I am experiencing a critical issue. Let me know if this is a support issue or still “beta”.

After the update I see the 1.16.3.1402 version.

However after “Enable”, I click to configure. I see the Using Plex screen., then click Got It.

I’m directed to https://prod-15ce3e0bxxxxx.mycloud.com/v1/r/connect with this message:

{“Key”:“internalServerError”,“Message”:“Internal Server Error”}

Please advise. I have disabled, rebooted, deleted Plex folders, re-enabled. All give the same results.

Dennis

True that it’s totaly useless at the moment… not only for work purpose but in family situations as well!
They can’t expect from us that we will always log in to the website and grab our files from there… Imagine you have to edit a word file, you have to download it - edit - and re-upload? come on!

WD needs to take it’s responsebility and get it’s act together! they made a mistake with this update and probably only tested it with people who use it on their mobile or devices like a chromebook.

1 Like

Hello!
WD, please, add option to synchronize any folder with any content from my android phone. Not only video and photo. I really need to auto backup my call records.

No puedo acceder a plex via wifi, ya sea en mi propia red o de otra cualquiera, solo a través de datos de mi teléfono celular… No me gusta Plex.

Por favor debería haber una alternativa para dlna sin tantas restricciones como lo hace plex. My cloud home debe estar conectado a Internet para acceder a datos en mi propia red, el día que no tenga Internet no podre escuchar música… Por favor. Además de que cuando agrego mas archivos plex debe actualizar la biblioteca dando “permisos” para poder acceder a ellos… Y cuando tienes una biblioteca de varios teras… Ufffff

Y sin poder acceder a plex, sin poder actualizar contenidos, quiero dlna simple por favor.
Pensando en utilizar el HDD en otra nube si no hay remedio.

Hoy 08 de diciembre pude acceder a plex… Actualizando biblioteca

when is this feature coming? And can I please join beta program… I really need NFS or SMB sharing to make this device useful… without it its as useful as a piece of rock on a shelf… I have it for a year or more, standing under my desk… never used it… completely forgot about it… most useless product I ever had…

1 Like

You are 6 months late mate… since this infamous, unexpected and betraying beta.

Did this functionality ever got implemented? Can you export content from the WD My Cloud Home through the rear USB?

Yes

Hi, @WDStaff, Thanks for your post, I’ts old and the form is not open anymore so I guess the features were already implemented.
I really hope a new set of features will be added soon as currently My Cloud Home device is designed in a way that it is so limitated that frustrate users and is useless for practical purposes.
I really regret of buying it.
Solving this artificially induced limitations in a product that have the capabilities to do much more is an easy task.
Please WD heard your customers and remove those boundaries allowing us to install other software (SSH, Torrent, FTP), mount folders in a normal way, share files between user and shared spaces, etc.

2 Likes