New Update to My Cloud Home is coming! - Inviting Beta Testers!

Yep - it’s taken them long enough…
You just have to look at this forum, nothing but complaints, no response from wd…it’s like deserted…they clearly didn’t know what to do with this product and therefore could not provide any support…
I actually like it - but then I’m using it just for Plex at home, and some work backup…

1 Like

Update the My Cloud Home app is ok but you have to do another things very very important, like update the totally outdated Plex, add more multimedia file format support…

4 Likes

Definitely agree with the plex update, as the version on these devices is just stupidly old

If wd isn’t going to bother then at least let me install emby instead… since there a better fast moving community and will do a better job of updates for this device than plex ever will :rofl:

1 Like

Almost the same here. Now I can’t access WD Discovery anymore since… again.
After complainig about it they offerd me a refund for the my cloud home.
It appears they gave up on that prodcut.

Good time of day

1. Please, add the opportunity to select all the files in the folders as in the web version, i.e. one-click “select everything” instead of select each photo separately.
  2. Please add the ability to copy files from a folder to a folder rather than just move it.
  3. Please add the status bar for downloading and downloading files in which the speed and the remaining time would be displayed.
  4. Please add “info about the file” as in the web version
    Thanks
1 Like

Hello. My Cloud Desktop on my iMac (MacOS 10.14.5) informs me that there’s an update “My Cloud Desktop v.2.1.0.237” available and “click here to update”. The thing is that the update process is never completed so every time I restart the desktop app, I get the same “update available and click here” message. Nothing happens. I decided to then download the update directly from the WD site but, surprise! the support site is still stuck at v.1.0.7.73! so no luck there. What next? Can anyone supply a direct link to the latest “My Cloud Desktop v.2.1.0.237”? No betas please. Thanks.

Make a fresh install of WD Discovery.

After I wrote my original message, I tried that. I’m, like WD Discovery, stuck in the same place: nowhere. Thanks though. A. C.

Did you uninstall it in the first place?
Did you try to restart? It could help to make the other install proceed. On my laptop when the update was triggered I thought first that it had frozen.

If you uninstall it again, I guess it is good to restart before the new install.

You did take it from here?

Good luck.

Hey mates,

Did you get the firmware upgrade as well ? I’ve got mine few days ago but, to be honest, I don’t see much differences while using the app itself (I might be missing something).

As I mention before the export to USB function is, as far as I can see, the most useful function introduced until this point.

I also like the new app as well but some bugs need to be corrected.

Cheers

I have not received the update yet, did you notice any Plex update with the beta?

From what I can see I believe it’s the same version (from 2018) but, to be honest, that wasn’t one of my main concerns so I didn’t really pay a big attention to the previous one.

it’s the same version, they don’t update it for My Cloud Home, Plex releases the updates for the My Cloud versions but for the Home it depends on WD

what is new at My Cloud Home app

It’s this -

Plex has not yet been updated in this phase of Beta.

Still at 1.12 on mine.

Hoping that they are not done as this is an old version and there are many Plex features that are not supported.

I am a registered Beta tester. The email provided for feedback doesn’t work, at least as of today, when an email I sent came back rejected from the server.

In my case, WD Discovery doesn’t work anymore, so any new feature would remain useless if I can’t manage the files from Mac Finder.

Wil you provide a new desktop app as well?

I have the same problem. In addition, I can’t sign in to WD Discovery anymore.

I have the same problem. In addition, I can’t sign in to WD Discovery anymore.

I had to do a full uninstall of old WD software, partially using their uninstallers and the rest manually, digging through the my user library and dumping stuff. Once I was done I had installed WD Discovery and tools again. It works BUT it is buggy software nonetheless. From 1 to 10 y give it a 6.5 at best.