New Release - WD TV Media Player Firmware Version 1.02.17

When will new firmware be avaliable for the WDTV Media Player?

I bought this new version to hopefully resolve alot of the issues with the previous version.

Unfortunatley this new version is worse than the previous version and nearly unusable ?

I think I might have to return it and get my money back ?

Scottie wrote:

Unfortunatley this new version is worse than the previous version and nearly unusable ?

Really?  In what way?

1. The WDTV won’t come out of standby at all and requires a cold start everytime I want to use it.

2. When the WDTV boots from a cold start there is no sound via the HDMI connection to the amplifier, this requires the HDMI cable to be disconnected and reconnected on the WDTV, then the picture is lost, which reqires another cold start.

So after about 10 minutes of unpugging cables and conducting two cold restarts the WDTV is functioning and I can watch my movie. :frowning:

The previous WDTV Streaming and WDTV Live that I had were no where this bad. It seems these WDTV boxes are getting worst as new models are released? Also the firmware release cycle to fix these bugs is getting longer and longer the last firmware update for this box was 6 months ago, and the problem with the firmware releases is they concentrate on new features such as new sreaming services as opposed to fixing stability and performance issues? :frowning:

Really? The 1.02.17 release notes say

• Supports AOL.On
• Resolved .MP4 videos not playing on a WD TV from Olympus Stylus Tough-3000.
• Resolved issue to play any media after using BBC iPlayer.
• Resolved issue with ABC iView not streaming content via WD TV.
• Resolved issue with nZBGet for WDTV Players running out of space for 2GB+ videos.
• Resolved issue with some of the services missing from the HOTKEY service list.
• Resolved launch issue with BBC iPlayer via hotkey that launched the old version of BBC iPlayer.
• Resolved no sound playing while using YouTube Leanback with certain USB 3.0 HDD’s.
• Resolved SiriusXM rebooting WD TV after credentials entered and logging in to service.
• Resolved some .MP4 videos not playing.
• Resolved system lock up when in idle mode on DVD menu overnight.
• Resolved system locking up during media compile with USB HDD and Network Share.
• Resolved user forum post about user’s generated 3rd party app rebooting WD TV.
• Resolved YouTube Leanback causing WD TV to reboot.

Hi Techflaws,

And your point is? None of these Resolved issues match my symptoms? This firmware release was 6 months ago?

My point is that this:

Scottie wrote:
and the problem with the firmware releases is they concentrate on new features such as new sreaming services as opposed to fixing stability and performance issues?

gets a little contradicted by 13 fixes and 1 new feature, obviously.