WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Media Player.
- For the firmware update and release notes please check out the WD TV Media Player page.
- For instructions on how to do either an automatic or manual update, please refer to Answer ID 5749: How to automatically or manually update the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Cente….
You can post your experiences to the WD TV forum. Please create individual topics for any questions that arise. Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.
What’s new in this release:
- Supports AOL.On
- Resolved .MP4 videos not playing on a WD TV from Olympus Stylus Tough-3000.
- Resolved issue to play any media after using BBC iPlayer.
- Resolved issue with ABC iView not streaming content via WD TV.
- Resolved issue with nZBGet for WDTV Players running out of space for 2GB+ videos.
- Resolved issue with some of the services missing from the HOTKEY service list.
- Resolved launch issue with BBC iPlayer via hotkey that launched the old version of BBC iPlayer.
- Resolved no sound playing while using YouTube Leanback with certain USB 3.0 HDD’s.
- Resolved SiriusXM rebooting WD TV after credentials entered and logging in to service.
- Resolved some .MP4 videos not playing.
- Resolved system lock up when in idle mode on DVD menu overnight.
- Resolved system locking up during media compile with USB HDD and Network Share.
- Resolved user forum post about user’s generated 3rd party app rebooting WD TV.
- Resolved YouTube Leanback causing WD TV to reboot.