New Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.43 (1/17/13)

zaphod456 wrote:

I reverted back to 1.05.04.  

The best firmware for the WD TV live. Fast, stable and with no frills.

_______

MrGreen

WD TV folder icons: www.pixelclan.de

MikhailS,

I also faced a similar situation where I ended up with the black screen prompting me to insert a usb with the firmware. And it wouldn’t respond with the firmware in a USB. In despair I picked up my previous working version, i.e., 1.06.38 (beta), put it in the USB and (I believe I did a couple of resets along the way until) it finally woke up and installed it fine. I then connected it to the network and upgraded to 1.06.43.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I will download a couple of older versions (as suggested in the previous posts) and let you know of the outcome. If it works, hopefully it will help someone else.

Cheers.

Well I solved my “problem” with auto-framerate. I had to redo the input configuration (HDMI > Auto > Auto Framerate On). Everything is working perfectly for me (I admit I only use it to stream stuff from my NAS).

I’m happy! :slight_smile:

Hi!

I’m afraid to tell that this firmware is worst than the previous. All the videos take a lot of time loading (between 20~30s). I have a 300Mbps router TL-WDR3600 and I’ve tested with two different USB wireless cards TL-WN821N and SMCWUSB-N2. I even tryed to remove the wireless encriptation but the result is the same.

Please fix this or I’ll have to roll back.

Kind regards,

Américo Dias

We are still looking into these network issues.  In order to help us determine what may be going on, we are asking those of you having network share issues to reset your devices once more.  To make sure that you are correctly resetting both your device and your network, please follow the instructions below in the order that they are given.  Once you have done the resets, please come back and post what happened.

To reset device and network:

1-      Please go into Settings

2-      Go to System Settings

3-      Select “Reset to factory defaults” (My additional step)

4-      Select OK

5-      Allow reset to take place

6-      Go to Settings

7-      Go to Network Settings

8-      Select “Network Setup”

9-      Select “Automatic” or “Manual” (depending on your connection)

10-   If “automatic” is selected, please wait until network setup is complete

11-   If “manual” is selected, please enter address info, select finish and allow setup to complete

12-   At this point, you should be able to view your Network Shares.

If you are now able to access your shares, excellent. However, if still have problems accessing your shares, could you please also post answers to the following questions:

-          Are your shares private or public?

-          Have you attempted to reset to factory defaults?

-          Do your shares connect or disconnect after a power cycle?

-          How long did you wait for the share to appear, before giving up?  If you didn’t wait very long (1-2 minutes), could you try leaving it for 5-10 minutes. 

As has been stated here in the community, you might want to restart your computer, if your shares are located on that computer. 

Bill_S wrote:
However, if still have problems accessing your shares, could you please also post answers to the following questions:

Are your shares private or public?

public

Have you attempted to reset to factory defaults?

yes

Do your shares connect or disconnect after a power cycle?

no share before, no after

How long did you wait for the share to appear, before giving up?

5-15

Hi Bill!

That solved my problem. I restored the factory settings and the delay in the beggining of the movies was fixed.

Regards,

Américo

Mine did the same. I reset country of origin to Unitied Kindom and BBC iplayer returned. Happy days

Coxy72 - I assume that you are either not using this firmware or you have the new Live Streaming player.

I’ve the same issue as TimerlordXYZ. stutter and losing sync with audio and video on some videos.
The small video preview also has this problem.

tested on

.VOB

.mkv

.avi

Please check this issue

Needs BBC iPlayer back as soon as possible please.

Apart from the massive hole left where BBC iPlayer was it works much better than before.

If you can play .mkv files, are you hooked direct via USB or over a DLNA?  I’m hooked to my WNDR3700NAS with WD MyBook 500GB attached to it and I can play .avi and .iso, but .mkv says unsupported format?

Thoughts?  I’m stumped.  I’ve watched tons of .mkv files before this upgrade and just rolled back to _15 and still no .mkv…

Thanks… I did the reboot and reset to default also…

Not sure what happened, but I rolled back to _15 and still same problem. Reinstalled _43 and everything works! All .mkv files play great.

Well, not so much… It works when it feels like it… Wish I knew what version I had installed previously… This **bleep**!

orion6192 wrote:

If you can play .mkv files, are you hooked direct via USB or over a DLNA?

USB and network share (win).

Finally I read “Resolved random music playback is not random issue.” in the release notes!!

But guess what: It isn’t solved!!!

I tried the random playback of music on All music. Within 3!!! tracks I already had a second track from the same album. (I have 5000+ albums) Within 10 tracks, the WD Live TV Player, already had played 3 tracks from 1 album.

Please solve this!!!

So is anyone else having network troubles gonna answer Bill’s request? I have found the reason for my network troubles: my router had issues assigning IPs to the up to 4 WDs on my network. I deleted all network info from the router, connected each device one at a time and let the router permanently assign the IP to a certain device. So each time a device connects it’ll be given the same IP by DHCP (can’t use static IPs cause I’m updating/resetting my WDs a lot).

Since I’ve done this I can connect to my NAS’s shares every time, even with several WDs on the network.

I found an intermittent issue streaming H.263 MP4’s, made using Nero Recode 2.

I have the first generation WDTV Live and with the original 1.06.15 firmware could stream my video MP4’s from my (Twonky) media server for hours without any issues. 

With the 1.06.43 firmware, Some of my DVD rips (H.263 @ 1.85mbps / 192k AAC audio) reach a stage where suddenly the audio cuts, then the video cycles from pausing then bursts into movement then pauses and so forth. This cycles continually until I pause or stop the video then continue play. This problem is intermittent, and doesn’t happen at the exact same place in the videos.

My device and media server are hard wired, I have a gigabit network setup and do not have or have had local traffic issues. Connectivity has not been a problem, and traffic on my business class switch appears quiet.

I’m not sure if I need to revert to the previous firmware or not. I will test my second device to see if the problem can be replicated.

the same also happens to me. 

so is it a bug?