New Release - My Cloud Firmware Versions 2.31.174 (3/26/19) - Discussion & issues

Does someone notice this:

It was released in the quite again.
Feel free to discuss positives and nagatives.

When checking for firmware, auto update cannot connect to the server (my Internet connection working fine), and when I download the file manual update gets stuck on 0%, then logs out.

Rebooted several times with same result.

EX2 Ultra currently 2.30.165 trying to update to 2.31.174

Any advice?

Thanks!

strange, that all the last updates are only for manual updating, while update search from the Dashboard never find new version. … for what a strange reason? @WD_Admin

I don’t mind so much auto update doesn’t work - I can’t even apply the update by manual process as it fails to start. Nothing in the logs, just sits at 0% until UI times out (I’ve extended that out to 30mins to see if that had an effect)

it was just a notice of mine to the WD Staff

I dont understand why people dont post their issues with the last update 2.31.174 here. I was thinking there are no issues so far :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t know if the issue is related, but since I updated the firmware I have had a problem accessing My Cloud. Every day since the update, I have to update the security certificate and nevertheless the site is considered not secure by Chrome. It never happened before.

I have reported the issue to WD but still have had no response.

I’m also experiencing issues since this firmware update. After some minutes I cannot access the device anymore. After a reset I get access to the dashboard for some minutes but it is very slow. I tried setting a static IP and disabled standby modes but still the same issues. Also the status LED after the reset initially blinks blue but after some time it just goes off (the network LEDs are still blinking).
I will try to do a downgrade to the former firmware and see if that helps.
In the meanwhile, does someone have any other tips or ideas?

Please report here if the downgrade helps the use the device properly again

unfortunately same thing happen to me WD Support referred me to 3rd party company to try to recover data didn’t offer any solution to a problem the new framework created and as i read more i can see alot of people having the same issue like what was written here…
“I went away for a few days at the end of March. When I came back, the WD Mycloud was unresponsive and had a fast blinking blue light. I tried the 4 and 40 second reboot, changed the network cable, tried waiting half an hour before rebooting and had no luck. Now I’ve learned that a new firmware update was released. It has been running its supposed ‘disk check’ for well over 48 hours now. Clearly this is not working. It’s just a 2 TB unit, about 2/3rds full. Long story short: WD’s firmware upda…”
needless to say the cloud contain a valuable data for business so when the support guy tell you you should have backup hardisk for the mycloud 8tb disk it is disappointing, wd support offer me a discount on my next purchase but i dont need new one i need only to get this one fixes since i now it isn’t damage only the framework error… if anybody fond a solution it would be most appreciated

I think this should be the solution:

have you try this? Or it does not work for you?

eiddum, you are not alone. I too have encountered this issue. I have two EX2 Ultras (8TB and 20TB). The 8TB has updated with no issue while the 20TB has the same issue that you have raised. Based on other member comments and the fact that my 20TB NAS is stable on release 2.31.149, I have decided to turn off auto update on this and monitor progress on the 8TB.