New Network Set Up HELP!

Hey All,

Proud new WDTV Live Hub owner who is slightly confused.

This is my set up

1. WDTV Hub connected to TV via HDMI

2. WDTV Hub connected to the internet wirelessley via a buffalo dongle to my wireless router

With this set up, is there a way for me to access the files/transfer files to and from the Hub from my PC which is also connected to the internet wirelessly via the wireless router?

cheers

Sure. 

As long as you’ve enabled “File Sharing” in the setup options, you can access the Hub via:

\wdtvlivhub\wdtvlivehub

and copy to and from the internal drive to/from your PC.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Sure. 

As long as you’ve enabled “File Sharing” in the setup options, you can access the Hub via:

and copy to and from the internal drive to/from your PC.

cheers bud, your a star

Tony, could you dumb that down a little more for me as well??

I used to be able to access my hub HD via my laptop… Now when I go to Network in WIndows Explorer, my hub doesn’t show up under “Computers” but under Media Devices, I have 3 options, 2 of which are Twonky (ug) and my hub which says “Currently in use”… 

My hub USED to be listed under computer, and I could access the HD, dragging and dropping files in Explorer just the same as any other hard drive…

Thanks! 

If your LiveHub isn’t showing up as a “Computer” (as well as being a Media Device), then there’s something misbehaving on the network.

If it is showing up properly as a “Computer”, then along with drag/drop, you would be able to access it in any standard file requester either by browsing to it or by typing the network location manually “\wdtvlivhub\wdtvlivehub”.

Similarly, I can access the USB drives attached to my WDTV Live (which are named “Movies” and “TV”) as “\WDTVLive\Movies” and “\WDTVLive\TV” from any program, without having to save the file locally on the PC first, and then transfer it over the network.

It’s not showing up as a Computer unless I run the WD Discovery program first…  

Any hints why that might be?? 

Thanks!