New My Cloud OS coming

For info see this link that was posted in the EX2100/4100 forum:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud-Expert-Series/1-2-OS-3-0/td-p/900405

Wonder if there was a beta program for this?

Seems not.  Anyway, I will not be first to update my DL2100; I will wait a couple of weeks to see how it goes for others more brave than I.

There has been beta for MyCloud, MyCloud EX2, and MyCloud Mirror devices, that I know of…

So nothing for business folks who may want to upgrade their products?

The press release says:

“WD My Cloud OS 3 will be available at the end of the month as a free download on current My Cloud personal cloud storage devices. My Cloud devices supporting the new OS 3 include: My Cloud, My Cloud Mirror, My Cloud Expert Series EX2/EX4, My Cloud Expert Series EX2100/EX4100 and My Cloud Business Series DL2100/DL4100”

I meant was there no testing of the new OS on the business products

I don’t know. I know only about the three models I talked above.

For richer or poorer, for sanity or insanity, for headache or calmness.

I’m now on firmware v2.10.302.

nicolapizza wrote:
The press release says:

“WD My Cloud OS 3 will be available at the end of the month as a free download on current My Cloud personal cloud storage devices. My Cloud devices supporting the new OS 3 include: My Cloud, My Cloud Mirror, My Cloud Expert Series EX2/EX4, My Cloud Expert Series EX2100/EX4100 and My Cloud Business Series DL2100/DL4100”

This for released quietly. Normally Bill’s on the ball and announceds a firmware relese on the forum.

Bill was and may still be on vacation 

… and they will need to fix the new firmware.  Everything worked fine until I had a played with the ElephantDrive cloud backup.

MyCloud functionality failed and I could not turn off MyCloyd functionality. It’s nailed on.  As soon as I the upgrade finished I exported the DL’s configuration as MyCloud functions were shown as working on the UI,.

The result of the foresight of something going wrong paid off as it’s restored MyCloud functionality. I’m not comfortable using ElephantDrive.  All aspects of the back-up is controlled by ElephantDrive, so I won’t use it.  My choice.

So, there may lay a problm there.

I also had a play with iSCSI.  that worked.  Created an iSCSI target on the DL NAS and Windows 10 could connect to the iSCSI target easily.

As cosmetic.  The LCD dims a bit during boot.  I like that.

USB content can be omitted from MyCloud.

Power scheduling to turn it off an on by time is rather strange. You can select 2 hour blocks where the NAS is either on or off.  would have prefered per hour granuility but can live with the new power scheduler.

In the release notes is states that it’ll wok with WdSync.  Maybe I did something wrong but WdSync didn’t see the DL NAS with the latest firmware.

The UI seems to be a bit more responsive.

So…  As soon as you’ve tken the firmware update, and iyou see that it’s working fine, export the configuration.  If it goes south then import the last known and good working configuration.

Watch this space . . . .

seems that WDSync works in connection to mycloud.com, which is not yet functioning… we’ll need to wait for mycloud.com to be operative to have everything up and running.

Thing is, I got WdSync operating now with a single drive MyCloud NAS.  When I try add a NAS then only the single drive MyCloud NAS is detected on tthe network by WdSync.

I think I understood what you mean… Did you try adding to the WDSync app the other NAS (or even both NASes) using mycloud.com account (the one you set up on the “Cloud Access” tab on the dashboard)?

It is strange tho: WDSync was detecting both my NASes on the network, even when only one of them was updated to OS 3.

In fact, now I got an EX2 and an EX41 working at the same time with WDSync.

In the dashboard for the DL4100 I clicked check for updates and it says none?

Not sure I want to upgrade, just curious…

What version firmware are you operating on your DL4100 right now?

Last Update
Sunday, 2015 August 02, 4:37:29 PM

I wonder if the latest firmware has been pulled?

Below is the firmware my DL4100 is operating right now. Power scheduler won’t turn on the NAS and I think when I tried to use the ElephantDrive facility that the NAS’s ability to talk to WD’s servers messed up which I recovered by restoring a known working configuration.

Current Version
Last Update
Friday, 2015 September 11, 1:28:15

I dunno

http://mycloud.com is under construction as well ?

Yes. I noticed this. Hope WD don’t rush the work.