New Firmware for EX4100 - Alert

A couple of days ago, I received this e-mail alert.

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloudEX4100

Event title:New Firmware Available

Event description:A new version of firmware has been released. Update your system.

Severity:Info

Event code:1011

Event time:09-11-2015 05:47:01 AM

My current version is 1.06.133

I have not seen any new updates anywhere. When pressing the Check for Updates button it says I have the latest.  Must be a glitch? Anyone else get a similar alert?

Hello,

This is really strange , this is the latest version firmware for this device but there is not newer version as of yet for this device. try to restart the unit to see if the alert keeps coming up.

Hello,

We have oassed this along to support.

1 Like

dunbone wrote:

A couple of days ago, I received this e-mail alert.

Anyone else get a similar alert?

dunbone,

I had this come up last night on my EX4100 as well and went in the backend and checked it via SSH.  Turns out it looks like there is a firmware release that WD have not put up on the website and keeps getting pulled…  The Release Notes look interesting :

Firmware Version 02.10.302 (9/10/2015)
 Supports My Cloud OS 3 operating software
 Supports WD Sync™ which syncs data across multiple PCs, notebooks and Mac computers
 Supports MyCloud.com – web access portal and Learning Center (replacement for WD2go.com)
 Supports My Cloud Albums app – collect and share photos in one simple place
 Supports My Cloud mobile app with sharing and Automatic Camera Roll Backup
 Supports NAT-PMP on Apple routers for Remote Access
 Supports Software Developer Kit (SDK) enabling enhanced app integration
 Minor bug fixes

Not sure if this is supposed to be available forthe EX4100 and was not brave enough to install on my unit…  I did grab a copy of the “.bin” file though but no easy way to analyse it’s contents.

Cheers,

JediNite