MyCloud Device IP Address

I have a 4TB Mycloud. It is connected to my Netgear AC1750 Wireless Router. The network uses DHCP. I have WDMyCloud-Dashboard installed on my Macbook Pro Model A1398.

Two things are happening:

1. The WDMyCloud-Dashboard is hard programmed for the IP Address 192.168.1.27. I cannot find anyway to change this.

2. For various reason that I do not understand, the MyCloud Devices IP address changes in the network. The “198.168.1.” stays the same, but the last digit changes. I cannot access the Dashboard app unless I type the IP Address manually in the web brower Safari. Also each time it changes, the Dashboard creates a new device.

So far the IP address has changed from 192.168.1.27 to 192.168.1.3 and now it is 192.168.1.4. As a result of this, the Dashboard app is reporting I have 3 Devices when in realty I only have 1 Device.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Ken Lawrence

Hi Ken :slight_smile:

Go to the Settings - Network and under Network Mode you should have an option to switch from DHCP (auto IP settings) to Static (where you can set up whatever IP you want and it wont change ever again) :))