MyCloud 4TB - Cant recognize external USB3.0 HDD

Oh my god… i’ve figured out why the 0Kb free space mounting issue.

Iesterday, i was notified by email from my home MyCloud that i had a power loss and the device has been rebooted,

When i come back at home, i discovered that my external hdd (always connected and usedonly for safepoints) was not mounted at all. I then rebooted the device (without hdd connected) then reconnected the hdd, and after some seconds it was mounted but with indication of 0Kb free… NNNnnoooooooo

One thing i have noticed, is that the mycloud hdd was furiously trashing, and UI seemed quite unresponsive to the user,… at the right bottom panel, the state was “indexing…”

I’m now 100% sure that, if the device is re-indexing content, then any external usb3 device is NOT recognized, or if it is recognized is reported as 0kb free!

I have done the following:

1- reboot the device without any hdd connected
2- entered into firmware ui looking at indexing page
3- wait for the indexing to complete (after an insane amount of time)
4- when the content indexing report “inactive”, ONLY NOW connect usb3 hdd
5- it will be detected as 0kb free, BUT the indexing now restart
6- go again inti indexing page, the device is scanning now content (on external hdd)
7- after some minutes, the indexing completes, return to home page
8- usb info now report the correct hdd size… HORRAYYYY

I now believe that MyCloud is unreliabe on usb detection while it is busy indexing content, most probably because excessive cpu usage.
Also, usb connected devices are mounted as 0kb free UNTIL the indexing is complete, only at that point it is properly mounted.

Does all this makes sense ? This aggressive indexing is evil!