MyBook for PC - No Backup Progress Bar Visible

I have Win7 on an Dell XPS laptop and when I read through the user manual, I’m supposed to see a “progress bar” during the back-up but don’t. Can anyone tell me why?  The user manual says this under the Backing Up Files section–neither the progress bar or the message appears:
(Step) 11. During the backup:  
• A progress bar and message indicate the amount of data that has been backed up.

Thanks for any help/guidance.

Original poster here:  OK, seems that my WD backup software was not completely up-to-date. After I loaded the latest updates, the progress bar and some other needed information appeared within the app.

So, advice for those who are using the application to be sure that all updates are loaded before starting. Note, this may require a reboot or two.

Within the WD SmartWare app, go to the Settings tab, then click Software Updates button on the left-side menu. Good luck!

salbzojo wrote:

I have Win7 on an Dell XPS laptop and when I read through the user manual, I supposed to see a “progress bar” during the back-up but don’t. Can anyone tell me why?  The user manual says this under the Backing Up Files section–neither the progress bar or the message appears:
(Step) 11. During the backup:  
• A progress bar and message indicate the amount of data that has been backed up.

Thanks for any help/guidance.

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

Glad to hear everything was solved for you , hope this helps other users with a similar problems in the future.