My Passport wont open or recognised by PC or laptop

Im using PC with Windows 10 .After not using My passport for some time the unit stop opening or recognized by PC or Laptop. I tried everything listed by WD support , same failure still persist, even WD support wont register the case? after many attempts to submit .
When connecting the unit USB cable , the light start blinking as I used to see it when backing up previously, but the my passport icon stopped appearing in file explorer, instead I see under HP C drive the icon Local Disk(D:) ?
In my computer, I stopped seeing the WD icon, instead I see Local Disk(D:) , when clicking on this drive, it wont open anything and will slowdown the computer completely and then it black out the computer.at this stage I have to disconnect manually the USB cable because it is not seen to be ejected from the task bar.
The WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows didn’t recognize my passport. I restarted the windows, no change same failure came back.
How to open my passport, I need the backed up data very badly
My passport :P/N :WDBBEP0010BBK-03
S/N:WX…43
Firmware V1049
0914B R/NC6B JBAKHA
Product of Malasia

Hi there,

Have you tried a different USB cable? Perhaps it could be whats preventing you from using the drive.

Hi, Thank you for your recommendation, I think the USB has nothing to do with the failure because as I connect the drive, the drive will start blinking as if it is backing up, because the unit was set to continuos backup. Moreover when connecting the drive USB cable , the windows10 launches the sound of notification, and I’ve realized that if the Devices and printers is opened I see there my passport image with it’s properties, something very nasty and confusing

any luck?? I have the same exactly problem… I have my whole life in this device

Have same problem anyone have any answers???

So far no luck, I think that without the interference of WD , nothing will happen and the problem might already hit many external drives of the same model drives

Really I need the help from WD expert

Summary of my question:
Is WD replacing the HDD, in the case of a hardware error and transferring my data to a new HDD ? What company does that ?

Details:
Same problem with My Passport 2TB disk.
W10 makes a sound but no disk can my seen in my PC.
W10 let me eject the disk from status bar icons
In Computer Management / Storage / Disk Management,
I receive the message “You must initialize a disk before Logical Disk Management can acces it”.
I can not use any software for data recovery without this “initialize”
so when I choose MBR it says “The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error”
and the disk is “Unkown - Not Initialized”
What I need from you

1. Warranty with replace HDD is not useful because I need the data
  2. Data transfer to another HDD, means to use a similar HDD and
    switch parts and to loose warranty so a company that can replace HDD and transfer my data
    looks like an ideal HDD supplier
    I need the name of such a company for the future so I know what HDD should I buy in the future
    From who should I buy HDD in the future ?
    Is WD replacing the HDD with hardware error and transferring my data to a new HDD ?
    Who does that ?
    (I tried with 2 cables and 3 computers, I tried the cables with other HDD, I am a graduate of Computer Science, I am trying to find a procedure for the future here for HDD hardware failures, probably I need to buy a RAID solution to backup photos and videos, cloud is too slow, even HDD is too slow, SSD is too small … keep searching … I will come back in 30 days with a software solution to this)

If you are unable to submit a Support Ticket online I’d recommend calling WD Tech Support directly.

You can also try to use the web form in the following link:

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

On any case, WD Support can not assist with dismantling the hard drive. If data extraction is a priority and you do not have a backup then I’d suggest contacting a professional data recovery service company.

My mac can’t detect the drive. On windows, it can, but I can’t access some of the files. I tried plugging it in a PC and then share the folder to a Mac in the network so that I am able to copy the files but there are folders or files that I cannot copy. A prompt is displayed, error-36. What’s an error-36?

I reached the support using the numbers you gave me , they were very kind but got no professional support or they solved the problem , it was waste of time to call the WD support

I have found that you can access the drive if you use a Linux system, I use KDE Fedora, as I have this problem accessing it on a Windows based system.

Please be informed that my email: amer_khankan@rogers.com, still valid, however, the alternative email is aydy45@hotmail.com, Best regard