My Passport OS compatibility

Hi guys!

I just ordered My Passport for Mac (WDBFKF0010BBK). As far as I could tell wandering around google, it should be compatible with Yosemite (my mac won’t be able to run a newer OS seeing as it’s super old!).

However, I receive the harddrive in the mail and on the box it says it’s compatible with High Sierra, Sierra and El Capitan. Does that mean it won’t run on Yosemite? Or would I just need to format it?

I’m asking this because I obviously don’t want to break the seal if it ultimately won’t work with my machine!

This is probably a dumb question, but I’m hoping you have the time to help anyways! :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch!

• Louise

Hi Louiseo,

My passport for Mac is compatible with MAC OS X Yosemite. In case, if the drive is not showing up on screen once you connect it. You can reformat the drive by referring the link given below.

Note: Reformatting is Data Destructive and cannot be undone. Once the process begins, ALL THE DATA ON THE DRIVE WILL BE LOST!

For more information, You can also contact WD’s Technical support team from the links given below.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.