My Passport not being detected by computer, Windows 7

The other day my computer froze while using My Passport and I had to restart it. Now when I try to plug it in it won’t even recognize that there is a device plugged in. When I went to Device Manager on my computer it shows up as having the little exclamation mark in the yellow triangle beside it, with the error: “This device cannot start. (Code 10)”. I uninstalled the previous drivers then re-downloaded and installed them from the WD website. It appeared to have worked and I was able to open my device but all of my files from within were gone. This is very upsetting as I had a lot of data on there. So I safely unplugged the hard drive then plugged it back in and I’m having my original issue again, where my computer doesn’t recognize there’s anything plugged in. I can hear it make the acknowledgement sound (when plugging in and unplugging the USB cable) so I don’t think there is an issue with the cable. Please help, I don’t know how to recover my files let alone even get my computer to recognize the device.

Hello there,

Have you tried to connect the drive on a different computer? Perhaps this way you can see if your files are there.