My Cloud FW v04.05.00-353 upgrade to OS5?

I have My Cloud with firmware v04.05.00-353. It is mentioned that OS 5 Firmware Availability is Not Available. Is that mean that I cannot upgrade to OS5? I cannot find any link to upgrade it to OS5 (please CMIIW). What will happend to my device then if I cannot upgrade it to OS5? Can I access all my file inside?

@harrysas

Support For My Cloud Changing - My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage / Announcements - WD Community

Latest My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage topics - WD Community

Use your device on your network.

Correct. You cannot update or upgrade a first gen v4.x single bay My Cloud to OS5. You also cannot update to OS3 v2.x firmware that is a requirement to update to OS5 v5.x firmware.

Yes you will be able to continue accessing your files through your local network. WD has indicated that remote access utilizing WD’s servers is being terminated next April. This means they are terminating the OS3 MyCloud.com web portal and any mobile app that uses the WD servers for OS3 access. Local network access using your computer’s file manager program (Windows File Manager/Mac Finder) or mobile file manager app will not be affected and will continue to operate for local network access. If one needs remote access after the April shutdown one will have to setup their own methods of access like VPN or the insecure FTP option.

WD has posted the following link with more information:

OS3 End of Service - Support for your My Cloud and WD Cloud device is changing
https://www.westerndigital.com/mycloudupdates

Q: Will my device stop working if I can’t upgrade to My Cloud OS 5? Will I lose access to my data?
A: Once the services have been shut down, you will still be able to access the device on a local network. However, access through the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app or web app will not be possible. Email notifications also won’t be delivered. Devices that have auto-update enabled will receive a final firmware update to disable remote access and outbound traffic to cloud services. Then, support will end and you’ll have to use the local network to access the device.

Thanks for the answer. At least, I still able to access my drive locally.

Cela signifie aussi que ces appareils ne sont plus utilisables à distance…C’est bien dommage, mes lecteurs n’ont que 2 ans

When they said locally, does it means wired by ethernet? Today I cannot access my drive by WIFI, but only by ethernet.

Locally means on your local network using either WiFi or Ethernet connection to that local network. The My Cloud OS3 Mobile App no longer will work to access an OS3 My Cloud. The MyCloud.com web portal likewise will no longer work to access an OS3 My Cloud.

For local network access, OS3 users will need to use a file manager app on their mobile devices to access their OS3 My Cloud’s while connected to the same local network as the OS My Cloud. One can see their mobile device’s app store to find any number of free or paid file manager apps that will allow them to access their local network OS3 My Cloud. For computers one would use Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder to access their local OS3 network My Cloud.

To regain remote access to an OS3 My Cloud will require the user to either enable insecure FTP or use some for of VPN server, or find some other end user created remote access process.

OS5 My Cloud users can continue to use the MyCloud.com web portal or the OS5 mobile app to remotely access their OS5 My Cloud.

#WDUserRewards

@harrysas
See the User Manual Chapter 3.
My Cloud Personal Storage User Manual (wdc.com)

1. Using the provided Ethernet cable, connect one end of the Ethernet cable into a router
    or network switch port.
  2. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable directly into the Ethernet port located on the
    back of the device

The WDMYCLOUD does not have wi-fi
WDMyCloudImage

WDMYCLOUD 1st Generation now on my Network only - My Cloud OS 3 Personal & Network Attached Storage / My Cloud - WD Community