My Book Live not "discovered" during install. Does it matter?

I’m having trouble getting the My Book Live installed. However, I can access the drive through my web browser. Is this enough to set it up for streaming? I’m wondering because my PS3 won’t find my pics or music.

The built in media server, twonky, is accessable through the web interface.

Navigate to 192.168.0.50:9000 where 192.168.0.50 is the IP address of the My Book Live, and the :9000 means to look at port 9000, where it’ll find Twonky server.

If you set up a share in the usual interface, you can then add it using the Twonky server interface found above. Set both shares to the same options with regard to video only etc, or for some reason Twonky ignores the contents.

If you’re finding it using a url instead of a number, that’s fine, just append :9000 after the main bit of the address. Report back if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers

jonj678 wrote:

The built in media server, twonky, is accessable through the web interface.

Navigate to 192.168.0.50:9000 where 192.168.0.50 is the IP address of the My Book Live, and the :9000 means to look at port 9000, where it’ll find Twonky server.

If you set up a share in the usual interface, you can then add it using the Twonky server interface found above. Set both shares to the same options with regard to video only etc, or for some reason Twonky ignores the contents.

If you’re finding it using a url instead of a number, that’s fine, just append :9000 after the main bit of the address. Report back if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers

Of course depending on your network setup your network address is likely to be different than 192.168.0.50 quoted. This address will need to be changed to the address of the mybooklive on your network and then :9000 added.

Please try some of these steps to see if the issue gets fixed.  There is really nothing you need to “install” for the streaming function to work.  Twonky is enabled by default.

You just need to try putting your media files under the Public share (start with jpeg and MP3 because these are the most commonly supported formats).

Also can you first try connecting your PS3 by ethernet directly to your LAN.  From the PS3, navigate to Photo  (and/or Music) and then look for the MyBookLive.  What do you see.