My Book Live - Blue light, but no connection to PC

I have a My Book Live (2TB) and was working well from PC, MAC and network. Recently, the drive was not recognized on the network anymore. I tried power down, wait, reconnect to no avail. The front light is blue and from time to time will blink yellow. The network lights on the router and on the back of the drive are ‘working’. I can feel the drive trying to do something. I did try the reset button trick, but still blue. I tried to connect the drive directly to the PC with a new network cable, and same response from the light. What are my hopes of reconnecting the drive to the network? A suggestion to bring the drive to a data recovery company would be a last option, and a costly one I believe.

Hi there, try connecting the My Book Live directly to the computer and ping it.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=19535

Just unplug it for a couple of minutes and plug it back. This has fixed mine several times. Others in the house may have temporarily disconnected the plug to cause the issue, but not sure.

I have given up on WD. No help from them and lost everything on that drive.

If you’ve still got the drive, see my post MBL Network not working

Good luck

Thanks. I still have the drive, but what would I need to do the conversion?

Just install the WD drive into a Windows 7 or later PC, download and install Access to Ext 2/3/4, HFS and ReiserFS from Windows | DiskInternals and then copy files from the WS drive to a local drive on your PC (you may need a large HD drive if you have a lot of data on your WD drive, as I did)