My Book Essential Locked

Hi! I am a owner of My Book Essential 2TB USB2 (WDBAAF0020HBK-NESN) The original disk not work more, has a lot of fisical damage after more than 10 years working.
I bought a new HDD for replacement: WD Red 6TB (WD60EFAX-68SHWNO) .
After connect the new HDD, It’s not possible to be initialized. Disk Management can not initialized in GPT or MBR. The Access Denied appear in Virtual Disk Service. In WD SmartWare appear Locked.

Can not access to disk. How is possible to initialized for start working to be used?
Thanks!

Hi @elrengo,

Please refer to the article Initialize a Secondary Drive in Windows:

Please refer to the article WD Smartware: End of Support:

Hi Thanks for your information. As Jack said, let’s take it one step at a time…

I know the End of Support for WD Smartware, but my Original WD My Book Essential USB (2.0 )HDD 2TB - WDBAAF0020HBK-NESN - provide a Virtual CD drive and on it’s WD Smartware Software.
I only can hide the VCD but not remove it. If I format the drive the VCD partition always exist almost in Linux. The VCD is in a partition is located deep in the disk where it cannot be deleted. The only way for Hide or not is using WD Smartware. With new WD Red 6TB appear the VCD virtual disk but empty, that confirm the information is located in HDD.
I can not found how is possible to restore that partition on new disk, I think maybe will be required for have access to new disk.
For all this situation it’s required WD Smartware, the End of Support not apply. I do not uses as Backup Software.

After try with My Book board SATA to USB adapter I use another SATA USB adapter, the last one is not a case it’s only for access to disk, the new WD Red 6TB appear “Not initialized” but with this adapter I have access. My next step was: Initialized, Format and copy a few files. After that return to use a My Book board SATA to USB adapter. The disk is again “Not initialized” with no permission when try to do it. Continue “Locked” and it is impossible to retrieve the information (files copy before).

The My Book board can see and show complete WD Red 6TB but can not initialize it. In my opinion maybe it’s required a kind of reset to accept new drive, but I do not found a jumper for reset.
I find it hard to believe that it does not support disks larger than 2TB. Newer SATA technologies are backwards compatible. And Windows can identify a 6TB disk. For me there is just a matter of permissions.

I find it hard to believe that it is not allowed to change the HDD in the case when the previous one has reached the end of its useful life.