My Book and Time Machine help needed(using my book for storage & backing up to time capsule)

Hello.  I just purchased a new My Book for Mac to store my Iphoto library.  I would like to back that up onto my Time Capsule using Time Machine.  I have successfully transferred my library to the new My Book and have also set up the My Book to be backed up onto my Time Capsule using Time Machine.   The backup looks like it was successful, but when I looked further into the backup file on my Time Capsule, some of the photos are blank.  Some of the photos are there but others have a white thumbnail and I cannot restore those files.  I am not sure what is going wrong with the backup.  I never had a problem backing up my Iphoto Library until I transferred it to the My Book.  My Book is supposed to be compatible with Time Machine so I am not sure what is going wrong.  I cannot safely store my photos on My Book if I cannot be confident that they will be backed up properly. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it very much.  Thanks in advance.

Hi dude.

Is this to happen as well when you ignore TM and just drag the files to the unit?