My Book 2TB not showing data/content

My My Book 2TB used to work but is not working anymore. I can´t see any data in it. I´m using a notebook running Win 8.1.
I can see HD My Book letter in Explorer but cannot see HD content. I can see HD My Book label in disk management. I´ve already installed WD SES and Data Lifeguard Diagnostics applications. When i run Lifeguard Diagnostics it clocks for some time and at the end the following msg comes up: “Read Capacity failed”. Any idea of what is happening?

Hello, have you tried connecting the drive using a different computer? Have you tried using a different USB Cable? Have you tried using a different USB port?

Thank you for your response, Iluna. Yes, i tried to connect to a different computer running Win 7, to use a usb cable with a mini usb connector which uses only half of the HD connector and to use a different usb port but the behavior was the same. Again, I can see HD My Book letter in Explorer but cannot see HD content. I can see HD My Book label in disk management. Have you had this kind of issue before? Do you think the HD can be damaged?

i just finished reading the posts that came up after googling “my book 1144 drive not recognized” and selecting “community WD”. There is a complex solution on there that i printed and will try to do. no thanks to wd and no more of their breakdown stuff for me. Fortuneatly i loaded the thing from dvds. if you can get your work back the solution is to buy another one and backup your backup on that and when one fails, reformat it and load it from the other one. good as long as they they don’t go paws in the air at the same time. Good luck.