Multiple MyCloud Home in one account

Multiple MyCloud Home in one account. I am a MyCloud Home junkie :blush: and I have 2 of them. I would buy even more if I could use all of them in one account.

3 Likes

This isnā€™t possible as of now. Lets hope WD will change this in the future.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope :slight_smile:
I think it is not complicated to build that into the apps. All WD My Cloud Home have a unique ID number.

2 Likes

Waiting dramatically for this feature. Itā€™s really a pain to be obliged to change my account each time Iā€™m switching from one of my drives to the other.

2 Likes

I agree, I have two, and I want to have them under one account

1 Like

I just had to quickly cancel my order for a second one because you can not add it to a existing account. This is ridiculous!

1 Like

This feature is a must have! I was frankly astonished when I realised I canā€™t connect multiple drives to a single account.

I just bought a second MY CLOUD HOME device and spent the last hour and half trying to figure out how to add it to the existing account. Just now found this thread and Iā€™m really disappointed that I cannot connect the two devices at the same time. Hoping I can take this second device back now.

I vote add the capability to have two my cloud homes on the same account as there is no expansion capability

GRRRRRRRR!!! I am madā€¦
We cannot ā€œeasilyā€ be connected on two ā€œMyCloud Homeā€ at the same time?
It was not written we canā€™t in the PDF. :frowning:
We paid 800$ for two and weā€™ll need to access them with alternance and re-login each time?
I switched from other NAS to these ones thinking it would be simpler. Higher price but at least trouble free and with the experience of WDā€¦ But now I found ridiculous to log off/log on each time we want to access one or the otherā€¦ How do I compare folders?
I am surprise. I am really surprise from you guys.
Denis.

Looks like multiple homes on a single account is coming, I can see it in the beta iOS appā€¦

Hello ekaputra!

Is it possible to copy something for ONE storage to the OTHER storage?
Letā€™s suppose I have a 500 GB branches of folders and files and want to COPY to the other storage, is it possible? If so, do you have another magic screen shot like that one?

By the way, at first, your screen capture with no real indication is referring to the web interface. I did not know at first because Iā€™ve tried it like a year ago and forgot about it and using more their Windows desktop application ā€œWD Discoveryā€, which the application they want us to use. For the last year, I keep synchronize my two ā– ā– ā– ā–  box by connecting with my first account, copy stuff 1 there, disconnect, connect on with the second account on the second ā– ā– ā– ā–  box, copy stuff 1 there, and so on. Very annoying.

Second, ā€œAdd another storageā€ like we see on your capture, when the other device is already at 50% full and wants to access the SAME content as what my other account does not seem to work, for the data already there. There is a function to SHARE a directory, I did that, but once log on the other account, I see the folder, yes, but not the file it itā€¦ Looks like I have to share level by level. Not really useful.

Third, I have the impression I could ā€œdisconnectā€ my second account to my second box, lose everything, then do that ā€œAdd another storageā€ function and then discover that box. And then recopy the whole things on it but itā€™s a little annoying.

I was working for years with FreeNAS and wanted to switch to something made by WD thinking I would relax and nice cute interface will work smoothly but itā€™s not the case it looke likeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thanks for the ā€œbeginningā€ of suggestion.

Denis.

Thank you Western Digital!
Yes, it now works! I have three units, all on the same account!
Thank you!

[ekaputra], thank you for your screen capture and answer! I did not realize at this moment that your capture was regarding a NEW ā€œMyCloud Homeā€ device. When itā€™s the case, itā€™s really easy. But when your second ā€œMyCloud Deviceā€ is already packed with 1.5 TB of stuff, you cannot do simply what your wrote. Wellā€¦ As far as I see when exploring the simple interface. We can ā€œshareā€ but not like ā€œAssign a new account to deviceā€ which would have been much simpler for meā€¦ But finally I bough a third one that I associated to same account as the first one. Then make copy on it of my stuff. Then erase everything on the second and re-assign to my main account. So now I have the three on the same account! Simultaneously accessible from my computer locally.

So thank you Western Digital!
Now you talk!

If I could, I would marked this case CLOSED, WITH SUCCESS!

Denis.

Denis,

Thanks for your confirmation. I have a My Cloud Home 4TB at home and would now buy a second one that i will put in my parents house as remote mirror/backup. I use Carbon Copy DOS commands to simply mirror all my data today to external harddisk, copying from Z : MYCLOUDHOME to D:EXTERNAL DRIVE.

I hope with the second MyCloudHome device i will be able to run same command then copying from Z : MYCLOUDHOME to eg. Y:MYCLOUDHOME2. Will this work to your experience ?

Thanks

Filip
@ekaputra, if you can give your view too will be highly appreciated !

Hello Filip!
Wellā€¦ I think I donā€™t feel myself good enough to give you advice on that.
Sometimes, the best solution is the one we know how to manage ourselves. If we would be all network administrator, certainly taking to time to learn everything to optimize thing would be necessary, required, etc. As amateur, having ā€œjustā€ two hard disk to hold the same content, yeah, why not using the sync method you are referring.I am quite sure itā€™s not the optimal method but I wonā€™t tell you mine because itā€™s probably equally the same thing. But like I said, at the end of the week, my files are sync and Iā€™ve spend my time doing other funny stuff!
Take care!
Denis.

Hello Denis.

Thanks for your reply. I was indeed not expecting for you to validate my technical setup :slight_smile:

Could you be so kind to help me understand better if and how your 2 My Cloud Home drives show up in File Explorer as separate Drives ?

Thanks
Filip

Ok. I am sorry if I did not understood correctly.
My THREE ā€œMy Cloud Homeā€ are located in the same office on the same network.
They are mapped on my computer as X:, Y: and Z: witht he tool of WD.
When I am accessing them remotely, I am going though the web interface and they are not mapped as a drive letter.
I think I better see your initial question now.
I donā€™t know if from a remote location we could make the computer see the ā€œMy Cloud Homeā€ as mapped into a drive letter.
I am sorry.
Denis.