Movie thumbnails appearing in the Photo app

I’ve just brought a WD TV Live, and have added two network shares and added them to my media library - these contain movies and tv series.  All metadata has been added, although when i now open Photos from the home screen, all of the movie thumbnails are showing…

Is there a way to stop these showing, as there are now 1000’s of random cover arts, and i only want to really see my network share family pictures folder

Use “.metathumb” extensions for coverart (as the WDTV does) instead of .jpg

With a jpeg extension, the WD has no idea that they’re NOT photos.

1 Like

Many thanks for your reply.  can you advise what would be the easiest way to do this? 

each movie is in a seperate folder, which also contains all the scraped info that was gained from XBMC.  Must I delete all of this, and just leave the movie file and maybe the subtitle file?, and then just rescan with WD TV Live?  must I also delete all the WD TV Live media catch also?

Thanks in advance.  

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Use “.metathumb” extensions for coverart (as the WDTV does) instead of .jpg

With a jpeg extension, the WD has no idea that they’re NOT photos.

If all you need to do is replace the extensions of the files and you’re on windows take a look at “Bulk Rename” it will do all your changes in one go even in recursive folders.

BGB

1 Like

It worked.  I tried Bulkrenamer’ and changed the file extension on all .jpg files.  they no longer showed up in the photo’s folder.

I had a problem that it would not re-scrape any files into the library afterwards, but after searching I found that as each folder had a .nfo file inside, then it skipped it.

After your advice i stripped out all .jpg, .extrafanart, .nfo files (everything that XBMC had downloaded, except the actual movie file), and started with a clean slate.  Everything worked perfectly and re-compiled the whole media database.

Thanks so much for your advice, really is appreciated.

barrygreybeard wrote:

If all you need to do is replace the extensions of the files and you’re on windows take a look at “Bulk Rename” it will do all your changes in one go even in recursive folders.

BGB